Lost secondaries motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kawi347

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'll start this off saying I do already have a DO acceptance so I wasn't planning on filling anymore DO secondaries after this, but I've lost all motivation for filling out even more MD secondaries. So I have an acceptance at a great school with plenty of board prep time, which I think is vital for DO. I don't really mind the MD vs DO classification and as of now have an interest in ortho and know it can be tough as a DO. Anyone in the same boat or should I push through and keep trying for MD? Just looking for some advice. Take the DO and run saving me 1,000s possibly on secondaries and enjoy my time until school starts or push for that MD?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I'll start this off saying I do already have a DO acceptance so I wasn't planning on filling anymore DO secondaries after this, but I've lost all motivation for filling out even more MD secondaries. So I have an acceptance at a great school with plenty of board prep time, which I think is vital for DO. I don't really mind the MD vs DO classification and as of now have an interest in ortho and know it can be tough as a DO. Anyone in the same boat or should I push through and keep trying for MD? Just looking for some advice. Take the DO and run saving me 1,000s possibly on secondaries and enjoy my time until school starts or push for that MD?

Thanks
Its OK to stop now

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to both of you! I do have some MD secondaries out so if it was meant to be maybe they'll send me some IIs. I think I'm just going to enjoy my time before school starts and save some money!

Thanks to both of you! I do have some MD secondaries out so if it was meant to be maybe they'll send me some IIs. I think I'm just going to enjoy my time before school starts and save some money!

Hey join the club haha! It's a good plan! Maybe even buy yourself a Nintendo Switch (I just did :clap: for nostalgia).

Hey join the club haha! It's a good plan! Maybe even but yourself a Nintendo Switch (I just did :clap: for nostalgia).
So I'm ready to derail this thread, hows the breath of the wild? Worth buying the switch for?

So I'm ready to derail this thread, hows the breath of the wild? Worth buying the switch for?
All of my roommates have played it and they've loved it. Just watching it is enough to know it's an awesome game and definitely worth the buy.

Reactions: 1 users
Just something to think about: are you going to look back in 2 years and wish you had tried just a bit harder? With an acceptance in hand, this is going to be your last application cycle ever (unless something crazy happens), isn’t it worth it to at least get the MD secondaries in so you know going DO wasnt from a lack of effort? I don’t want this to turn into a debate of MD vs. DO, my point is, I assume you submitted primaries to MD schools because you prefer to go that route...

It depends how competitive of an applicant you are for MD. If you have the GPA and MCAT for MD then definitely go for it. It’s getting late for MD schools too.

Thanks

You are late for those MD schools. With an acceptance in hand, I wouldn't bother completing those secondaries.