Louisiana State University?

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of it? Is it good? It's relatively inexpensive for an out of state student. Would going to one of the "deep south" schools hurt an applicant? 20% of income freshman are from the bottom 1/2 of their class.

What about Ole Miss?

Also, what about joining a fraternity? Haha :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of it? Is it good? It's relatively inexpensive for an out of state student. Would going to one of the "deep south" schools hurt an applicant? 20% of income freshman are from the bottom 1/2 of their class.

What about Ole Miss?

Also, what about joining a fraternity? Haha :lol:

Ranked #134 In my experience, if you want to go to a professional school in the south, it is beneficial to do undergrad in the south.

If you've never been down to the south, it is very different from a "northern" school. Some like it, some hate it, but it's worth checking out. I have a family member that got a 32 ACT and a full ride to school in Mississippi...she loves it. She's a big fish in a small pond though definitely.... (I also started undergrad in MS).

I also joined a fraternity, a lot guys in the south do compared to northern universities. It was an awesome way to make friends, get involved around campus, get leadership positions, etc. But, you are perceived as a frat guy, which can be good or bad.

OK, I'm rambling.

Ranked #134 In my experience, if you want to go to a professional school in the south, it is beneficial to do undergrad in the south.

If you've never been down to the south, it is very different from a "northern" school. Some like it, some hate it, but it's worth checking out. I have a family member that got a 32 ACT and a full ride to school in Mississippi...she loves it. She's a big fish in a small pond though definitely.... (I also started undergrad in MS).

I also joined a fraternity, a lot guys in the south do compared to northern universities. It was an awesome way to make friends, get involved around campus, get leadership positions, etc. But, you are perceived as a frat guy, which can be good or bad.

OK, I'm rambling.

And is it as good as northern schools in terms of helping students get into professional schools? A lot of the schools down south are considered "party schools" including LSU. I'm just afraid that ADCOMS won't like students who went to deep south "party schools".

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you could come south and be like the smartest thing ever because we're all just ******ed anyway...

And is it as good as northern schools in terms of helping students get into professional schools? A lot of the schools down south are considered "party schools" including LSU. I'm just afraid that ADCOMS won't like students who went to deep south "party schools".

I can't really compare northern vs southern schools for getting into professional school. Attending a "party school" is irrelevant if you are a great student that can make the grades, imo.

I can't really compare northern vs southern schools for getting into professional school. Attending a "party school" is irrelevant if you are a great student that can make the grades, imo.

Alright, thanks.