cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
Who’s going to stay up with me till 12:00 and wait for their email? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 

FCIllini

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
213
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Who’s going to stay up with me till 12:00 and wait for their email? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm right here with you. Nervous as can be.
 

iambatman

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2005
712
0
Status
FCIllini said:
I'm right here with you. Nervous as can be.
hey, fcillini, i've ALWAYS wanted to know, but i've been soooooo afraid to ask you, but if you don't mind me asking, then how did you get your sdn name? what does it mean? it reminds me of an italian soccer team, am i correct?
 
About the Ads

Hoosier Daddy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
33
0
Status
Dental Student
I'll be with you all too. Good luck. I have been waiting for some good news for a long time now. I am just praying that it comes this year. I wish you all well.
 

ramona_k

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
276
0
36
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hoosier Daddy said:
I'll be with you all too. Good luck. I have been waiting for some good news for a long time now. I am just praying that it comes this year. I wish you all well.
ALL you Louisville people! best of luck, I wanted that school but my files were just recently completed and just went under review. anyways, maybe louisville wasn't meant to be after all. It's an awesome school (or maybe I'm just too obssesed with Louisville)!
 

Audio

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
991
2
Toronto
Status
iambatman said:
hey, fcillini, i've ALWAYS wanted to know, but i've been soooooo afraid to ask you, but if you don't mind me asking, then how did you get your sdn name? what does it mean? it reminds me of an italian soccer team, am i correct?

That's my guess. He plays for the schools soccer team?
 

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
3,530
4
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
Hellz yeah I'm up until midnight!! When my friends ask me if I'm "staying up" until then, I scoff and go "staying up?!?!?!" My bedtime is 2-3 am :D

We'll all be here, right with you! Just look how slow SDN is right now!

77 minutes!!!!!!
 

FCIllini

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
213
0
Status
iambatman said:
hey, fcillini, i've ALWAYS wanted to know, but i've been soooooo afraid to ask you, but if you don't mind me asking, then how did you get your sdn name? what does it mean? it reminds me of an italian soccer team, am i correct?
I'm afraid it's not Italian or soccer related at all.

FC stands for Florida College - a private, Christian school I attended in Tampa. Illini is for the University of Illinois - I've been a huge fan for my entire life.
 

screwclassparty

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
11
0
Status
Pre-Dental
did you need to interview at louisville to get an acceptance??
 

lida

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2005
56
0
Status
are we supposed to hear any thing about Louisville tonight?
what is going on on Dec. 1? please someone tell me
 

Mayo123

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2005
147
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Who’s going to stay up with me till 12:00 and wait for their email? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I had no idea about the midnight email deal with Louisville...did they tell you about it at your interview or did you hear about it from someone else? This is pretty exciting news :)
 

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
I'mFillingFine said:
Hellz yeah I'm up until midnight!! When my friends ask me if I'm "staying up" until then, I scoff and go "staying up?!?!?!" My bedtime is 2-3 am :D

We'll all be here, right with you! Just look how slow SDN is right now!

77 minutes!!!!!!
Yeah well my usual bedtime is 11:00 pm. god knows I need my beauty sleep. J/K :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 
About the Ads

Lake Powell Lvr

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
46
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Who’s going to stay up with me till 12:00 and wait for their email? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Guys,
I called Louisville yesterday and they told me they were deciding between email and letter and then I talked to them today and they said they were going to send letters and the lady I talked to didn't even know when they were going to do that. ... sorry!
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
But during my interview they told me that they'll email everybody they have interview on Dec 1. I can't remember if they said 12:00 AM on dec 1st. But they told me to definitely check my email on Dec 1st.
 

Sk8aBull

Should be Studying...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2004
180
0
FL
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Yes, i am also waiting... I'm going to take a very long shower now hehe
 

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
Lake Powell Lvr said:
Guys,
I called Louisville yesterday and they told me they were deciding between email and letter and then I talked to them today and they said they were going to send letters and the lady I talked to didn't even know when they were going to do that. ... sorry!
You are kidding right? When I went to the interview they said email at 12:00 on dec 1st. That sux I was really looking forward to staying up all night and waiting to hear from them. I guess I am going to go to sleep then. :laugh: :laugh:
 

Lake Powell Lvr

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
46
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
You are kidding right? When I went to the interview they said email at 12:00 on dec 1st. That sux I was really looking forward to staying up all night and waiting to hear from them. I guess I am going to go to sleep then. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not kidding, but I make no promises! The lady who answered the phone could have been wrong. I HOPE she was wrong.
 

JLJ

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2005
31
0
Status
Lake Powell Lvr said:
I'm not kidding, but I make no promises! The lady who answered the phone could have been wrong. I HOPE she was wrong.
Looks like you are right. By my computer clock it's past midnight and there's no email to be found.

Suck.
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
Hold on... I have one new message in my mailbox.
 
About the Ads

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
Hey got an email from them but no acceptance. says they mailed something out today. anyone get this email?
 

JLJ

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2005
31
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Hey got an email from them but no acceptance. says they mailed something out today. anyone get this email?

nope, not yet
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
I'm hitting the refresh button as fast as i can.
My tick timer says... i'm pressing F5 twenty times a second.
 

maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
346
2
athens. ga
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Hey got an email from them but no acceptance. says they mailed something out today. anyone get this email?
hey, did your emial say that they adcom had decided not to make a decision at this time or something like that? that's what mine said. they said "send anything that would help them make a decision" and that they were sending me something in the mail and to not ask questions until i get whatever they sent me.
 

Lake Powell Lvr

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
46
0
Status
cowsgomoo said:
Hey got an email from them but no acceptance. says they mailed something out today. anyone get this email?
No.... they mailed something today, meaning today today 11/30 or today meaning tomorrow today 12/1?
 

kurt10

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2005
90
0
37
NC
Status
Dentist
maksidaa said:
hey, did your emial say that they adcom had decided not to make a decision at this time or something like that? that's what mine said. they said "send anything that would help them make a decision" and that they were sending me something in the mail and to not ask questions until i get whatever they sent me.
I would guess this means you are on their waitlist (which can still be a good thing just depending how high up there you are). But I may be wrong.
 

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
maksidaa said:
hey, did your emial say that they adcom had decided not to make a decision at this time or something like that? that's what mine said. they said "send anything that would help them make a decision" and that they were sending me something in the mail and to not ask questions until i get whatever they sent me.
Yeah!!! Is this a bad thing? i wouldn't think they only send emails to inform poeple they are on the waitlist and not let people who are accepted know. hopefully its an email to let people know that they wont get an aceptance by email this year and to wait for the snailmail.
 

Heavyd22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2005
31
0
Ky
Status
Dental Student
About the Ads

JLJ

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2005
31
0
Status
No, nothing here.


Wow, they've made this much more stressful and irritating than it needed to be. After how organized and "together" their interview day was, this really surprises me.
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
Patience is the key here.
Crap where is my key! I can't find it!
 

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
1,050
1
36
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Status
Dental Student
this thread makes me smile, good luck guys...
 

Heavyd22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2005
31
0
Ky
Status
Dental Student
drengineer said:
Patience is the key here.
Crap where is my key! I can't find it!
I don't know when it came exactly, but I checked my email this morning and Louisville offered me a spot in the class of 2010! They said the dean was also officially mailing out a letter today. There's my good news. Good luck to everyone else.
 

DentalNerd

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
118
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Heavyd22 said:
I don't know when it came exactly, but I checked my email this morning and Louisville offered me a spot in the class of 2010! They said the dean was also officially mailing out a letter today. There's my good news. Good luck to everyone else.
My email was dated Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:45:21 GMT (which is 6:45 AM CT and 7:45 AM Eastern). Not quite midnight, but I'm not complaining!!!

Congratulations Heavyd22!!

Everyone else.....check your inbox!!! It should be there.
 

cvirtue

Hoosier
10+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
9
0
35
Bloomington, IN
Status
My email said that i'm on the "Next to be called list"...did anyone else get the same email??? They said if i'm considering Louisville then i'm in a good place
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
Yeah, same email for me. Next to be contacted. I hope a few people deny their acceptance to Louisville so that they can contact me soon :oops:
 

Lake Powell Lvr

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
46
0
Status
cvirtue said:
My email said that i'm on the "Next to be called list"...did anyone else get the same email??? They said if i'm considering Louisville then i'm in a good place
I got the same email...
 

Beestieboy

Keep on keepin' on
10+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2005
195
0
42
Omaha NE
Status
Dental Student
Wahoo! First acceptance from Louisville! Got the good email news this morning. Congrats to everyone and I'm sure a couple of people will not take their letters and you guys will get your shot.
 

Lostinbul

Pray'n for a letter!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
303
0
Status
Beestieboy said:
Wahoo! First acceptance from Louisville! Got the good email news this morning. Congrats to everyone and I'm sure a couple of people will not take their letters and you guys will get your shot.
Great job buddy! I knew you would get in. This is just the first of many!
 

MissingPolaris

Cemetoenamel Junction
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2005
173
0
Status
Pre-Dental
GOt acceptance email from Louisville! Very happy but not my first choice...C'mon on now asdoh...
 

Beestieboy

Keep on keepin' on
10+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2005
195
0
42
Omaha NE
Status
Dental Student
Both you and Lostinbul are gonna do fine at ASDOH. I just wish I still had a chance there to go with you guys.
 
About the Ads