1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Louisville full

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by SpikeyMike83, Apr 17, 2007.

1. SpikeyMike83

SpikeyMike83 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yep, just got the e-mail saying they're full and they aren't considering applicants anymore.

:(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    damn...even though i've committed to UDM. I was still secretly hoping for UofL

4. naivegrl124

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I think most schools are full but if you're on the waitlist, you'll never know what happens until the first day of class. So have hope....just like the other thread said:rolleyes:

5. Bocci Balls

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What kind of tool are you? Obviously the school is full, that is why we are on the waitlist. Or as I prefer 'the next to be contacted list'. Who sent you the email anyway Big Bird?

6. Safado

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    No e-mail like that here....still waiting.... I just wish I could hear one way or the other. What did your e-mail say??

7. SpikeyMike83

7+ Year Member

The subject being Class FULL

The University of Louisville School of Dentistry appreciates your interest. Our admissions cycle is now complete and all positions have been filled. We regret to inform you your application will no longer receive further consideration.

If you are interested in being considered for admission for the 2008 entering class, you will need to reapply through AADSAS. Applications may be submitted beginning May 17, 2007 at www.adea.org. Because of the marked increase in the number of qualified applicants, be sure to apply early!

Again, thank you for your interest in our School. Best wishes in your pursuit to become a dentist.

Sincerely,
    Wood E. Currens, D.M.D., M.Ed.
    Acting Dean

Maybe I just wasn't very high on the "next to be contacted list", and it was obvious that I wasn't going to get in based on where I was--- also, I'm a GA resident so maybe it was an out-of-state thing. This the same e-mail I received last year when I didn't even interview.

8. Bocci Balls

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So Big Bird did email you. You must not have interviewed. I am out of state as well so it aint that.

9. SpikeyMike83

7+ Year Member

No, I did interview in mid-September. To be honest, I was surprised that I was even put on the waitlist because I felt my interview went very poorly.

10. Safado

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just talked to Dr. Babbage, and she gave me some info that those still waiting may be interested in.

She said the class is 100% full as of now, and that 80 students have paid their deposits and have a student ID number. There are about 100 of us still on the waitlist at this point. She said that they haven't handled things as well this year, leaving so many people hanging, and she hopes next year will be better. They are basically telling people there is a slim chance, but that they ought to go ahead and make other plans (i.e. going forward with other schools or getting ready to reapply).

Guess I am done waiting for Louisville. Disappointing, since it was my top choice. Oh well, live goes on. Good luck to all!