Louisville full

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yep, just got the e-mail saying they're full and they aren't considering applicants anymore.

:(

Members don't see this ad.

damn...even though i've committed to UDM. I was still secretly hoping for UofL

I think most schools are full but if you're on the waitlist, you'll never know what happens until the first day of class. So have hope....just like the other thread said:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of tool are you? Obviously the school is full, that is why we are on the waitlist. Or as I prefer 'the next to be contacted list'. Who sent you the email anyway Big Bird?

No e-mail like that here....still waiting.... I just wish I could hear one way or the other. What did your e-mail say??

The subject being Class FULL

The University of Louisville School of Dentistry appreciates your interest. Our admissions cycle is now complete and all positions have been filled. We regret to inform you your application will no longer receive further consideration.

If you are interested in being considered for admission for the 2008 entering class, you will need to reapply through AADSAS. Applications may be submitted beginning May 17, 2007 at www.adea.org. Because of the marked increase in the number of qualified applicants, be sure to apply early!

Again, thank you for your interest in our School. Best wishes in your pursuit to become a dentist.

Sincerely,
Wood E. Currens, D.M.D., M.Ed.
Acting Dean

Maybe I just wasn't very high on the "next to be contacted list", and it was obvious that I wasn't going to get in based on where I was--- also, I'm a GA resident so maybe it was an out-of-state thing. This the same e-mail I received last year when I didn't even interview.

So Big Bird did email you. You must not have interviewed. I am out of state as well so it aint that.

No, I did interview in mid-September. To be honest, I was surprised that I was even put on the waitlist because I felt my interview went very poorly.

I just talked to Dr. Babbage, and she gave me some info that those still waiting may be interested in.

She said the class is 100% full as of now, and that 80 students have paid their deposits and have a student ID number. There are about 100 of us still on the waitlist at this point. She said that they haven't handled things as well this year, leaving so many people hanging, and she hopes next year will be better. They are basically telling people there is a slim chance, but that they ought to go ahead and make other plans (i.e. going forward with other schools or getting ready to reapply).

Guess I am done waiting for Louisville. Disappointing, since it was my top choice. Oh well, live goes on. Good luck to all!