Louisville vs. BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SundevilDMD

Sundevil
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been really having a hard time narrowing these two down. On one hand I know Louisville is a lot cheaper but Boston just seems so much fun. what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I like Boston (the city), never been to the DS. I like Louisville, but some might call me biased.:D

Ive been really having a hard time narrowing these two down. On one hand I know Louisville is a lot cheaper but Boston just seems so much fun. what do you guys think?

Go to Louisville. You'll save a ton of cash and you can have fun AFTER you graduate with the money you've saved. Housing alone in Boston will cost you more than tuition at Louisville.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know buddy, Louisville can be a great time. I hate to admit it since they're overrated, but it's becoming a football town as well as a basketball town. So the bars are really fun. I'm not quite sure if the dental school is close to 4th Street or not, but that place gets nutty. Oh yeah, and there's a little thing called the Kentucky Derby. If you don't mind a little southern twang and the occasional mullet, I think Louisville would be a blast.

I don't know buddy, Louisville can be a great time. I hate to admit it since they're overrated,

oooh! fighting words! I'm giving 20 points to any Wake Forest fans for the Orange Bowl. Any takers?

but it's becoming a football town as well as a basketball town. So the bars are really fun. I'm not quite sure if the dental school is close to 4th Street or not, but that place gets nutty. Oh yeah, and there's a little thing called the Kentucky Derby. If you don't mind a little southern twang and the occasional mullet, I think Louisville would be a blast.

The dental school is about 6 blocks from 4th street.

I can't argue that there are occassional mullet sightings, but I've seen them in other cities as well. (just not on women, lol)

oooh! fighting words! I'm giving 20 points to any Wake Forest fans for the Orange Bowl. Any takers?
I am not a fan of Wake but I am not dumb enough to pass up on that easy money. I'll take wake +20.

:thumbup:

I would also take that bet. Even Wake isn't a proven football team (1 fluke season in 30+ years isn't quite enough to say you're good), I still think they can take out Louisville. Maybe you guys should actually play hard teams during the season, rather than flukey (Rutgers, WVU) teams.

I would also take that bet. Even Wake isn't a proven football team (1 fluke season in 30+ years isn't quite enough to say you're good), I still think they can take out Louisville. Maybe you guys should actually play hard teams during the season, rather than flukey (Rutgers, WVU) teams.

I'll be sure to bump this post on January 3rd. As stated above, Louisville WILL WIN by more than 20 points.

As for playing a tougher schedule, I agree that it could be tougher. However, UofL has offered to play 1 and 1 at home series with just about every Big 10 school and SEC school and they won't do it, because they know that Louisville is good enough to beat them. I say to them, put up or shut up. But we can't beat 'em if they won't show up to play.

So, let's see...so far I've got dddsmack and purduephigam taking Wake Forest...anyone else?

I'll be sure to bump this post on January 3rd. As stated above, Louisville WILL WIN by more than 20 points.

As for playing a tougher schedule, I agree that it could be tougher. However, UofL has offered to play 1 and 1 at home series with just about every Big 10 school and SEC school and they won't do it, because they know that Louisville is good enough to beat them. I say to them, put up or shut up. But we can't beat 'em if they won't show up to play.

So, let's see...so far I've got dddsmack and purduephigam taking Wake Forest...anyone else?

I don't buy into that tougher schedule stuff, Louisville is a decent team and so does Wake. Do I think that the champ form the big east is 20 points better than the champ form the ACC? Nope. This will be a fun game to watch now that I have some SDN pride on the line. Otherwise it is a snoozer.

Let me bump this post for ya Old School. Louisville didn't win by 20, In case you missed it. It looks like my Wake +20 was the safest and surest bet of this bowl season. It's like the odds of me being nard deep in stank tonight, a stone-cold-lead-pipe-lock. :laugh:

Let me bump this post for ya Old School. Louisville didn't win by 20, In case you missed it. It looks like my Wake +20 was the safest and surest bet of this bowl season. It's like the odds of me being nard deep in stank tonight, a stone-cold-lead-pipe-lock. :laugh:

aaaaarrrrrrrgghhh!