Louisville

Started by dochubert
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dochubert

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any experiences or impressions to share regarding the IM program at Louisville?
 
Hey dochubert-
I am a senior medical student at Louisville, so my experience with the medicine dept is limited to my rotations here. I have yet to do my senior rotation in IM. I do know that they have recently instituted night float through the week, so the overnight call isn't as bad as in the past. I have heard rumors, however that it is possible to get stuck for most of your training at the VA hospital in town, and that is professional hell. I would definitely talk to a resident or 2 about that. :scared:
Most of the residents I have known are pretty cool, that being said...there are som @#$holes out there. They, however are ubiquitous in our field.
If you have any questions about Louisville in general, PM me or post here, so others can get their Louisville info vicariously through you. Steve