1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Louisville

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Heavyd22, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Heavyd22

Heavyd22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Does anyone really want to go to Louisville? Right now that's where I'm leaning towards. Good luck to everyone on getting in this year!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sumozmom

sumozmom Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would go if I don't get in to UNLV
    (only b/c i live in lv and my house -kids- etc is here)
    BUT-
    i was looking at both of theKY schools-
    whats the diff?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mochafreak

mochafreak registered quaffer
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Louisville's my first choice. :thumbup:

4. Heavyd22

Heavyd22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Louisville is like the 17th largest city in the country and the school is located downtown. Lexington, although it still has about 250,000 people, is more of a residential/suburban area. As for the schools, Louisville takes about 80 students and UK about 55. I think either school would give you a great education, but from my understanding Louisville typically scores higher on the national boards. I hope this helps, but I would really recommend either school.

5. Sk8aBull

Sk8aBull Should be Studying...
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I LOVED Louisville!!! It is definately up there on the list.

I can't wait to see how Dec. 1st pans out.

6. DentalNerd

DentalNerd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Me too! Loved Louisville! After 7 interviews, the only school that sent ME a thank you email and letter with handwritten message from the interviewers! With their inner city location, patient pool should be abundant. Definitely one of my top choices providing I get an acceptance. Being a state school and a non-resident, I don't know how competitive I am compared to other out of state applicants.