Love Jensen!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veetz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking Jensen's written board course in Dallas and have really liked it. Props to Niels!! I definitely recommend it if anyone is considering a written review course.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently taking Jensen's written board course in Dallas and have really liked it. Props to Niels!! I definitely recommend it if anyone is considering a written review course.

What is the format of the course? Thanks.

What is the format of the course? Thanks.

I'm there in Dallas now too.

You do questions for like 2 hours then discuss answers until lunch. Same thing again in the afternoon. for 3.5 days.

I like it a lot though you spend more time discussing answers you already knew than you do spending time discussing things you need to learn. It can't be avoided since someone there missed any given question, but it makes things go slowly. I think it's a good course though.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a former attendee of both the written and oral board courses I give Jensen a thumbs up. Take the time to memorize his material and you will pass. I recall being in the oral exam room, and being asked questions where I really did not have to think, just spurt the responses I had memorized. I only got one question where I did have to think, and fortunately it came at the very end of the exam, so I was saved by the clock.

I read BB 5 times prior to writtens. Did not attend the course. Did very well. I think the book really covers what you need to know. If you know the book, you will do well.
As for Big Red and Orals. The book is just a little different from Big Blue. Attended one of the weekend courses. It was good, I am shakey on expressing myself orally. So it was good practice.
Not sure yet if I passed. I felt uncomfortable after orals. Still waiting to hear. If I did poorly it was not for a lack of knowledge, but for the inability to express it. Not sure if any course can really help with that. If I failed, which is a strong possibility, it will just mean more practice the next time.
Good luck.
Tuck