Love some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nebraskachica

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm just looking for a little direction.

I have a 3.9 GPA science and non-science from a fairly well-known institution, Creighton University. My DATs are as follows:
AA: 20
TS: 19
PAT: 16
QR: 22
RC: 21
OC: 19
GC: 19
Bio: 19

I know the Pat is no good :eek:

I am a nebraska resident, so I have definitely applied to UNMC and Creighton. Any other options this late in the game? I absolutely love Colorado, but I read that they accept barely any out-of-state who are not part of WICHE, and now the deadline has passed anyways. However, with my numbers, would I have any chance whatsoever with Colorado if I reapplied for 2006?

Any other suggestions?? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Nebraskachica! Yes, you are a bit late in the game, and as you mentioned, I wouldn't waste my time with Colorado either. The trouble is that a lot of schools are already filling their seats and are stacked up with interviews and some school's deadlines for applying have come and gone. If I were you I would stick with private schools that are still working on their admissions, such as USC and NYU. Best of luck!

nebraskachica said:
Hey guys!

I have a 3.9 GPA science and non-science from a fairly well-known institution, Creighton University. My DATs are as follows:

I am a nebraska resident, so I have definitely applied to UNMC and Creighton. Any other options this late in the game? I absolutely love Colorado, but I read that they accept barely any out-of-state who are not part of WICHE, and now the deadline has passed anyways. However, with my numbers, would I have any chance whatsoever with Colorado if I reapplied for 2006?

I got accepted to 2 schools so far with that same PAT. Try BU!!!
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
nebraskachica said:
Hey guys!

If you apply in for next cycle (2006), you are set.

nebraskachica said:
Anyone else???
Apply to BU and NYU . I know that BU doesn't fill its class until the end of May maybe later..
Best of luck..

nebraskachica said:
Anyone else???
Do not worry about ur PAT. Your GPA is good enough. Actually you could get into Upenn with ur stats but it is too late to apply to Upenn.

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for the help!

I know I'm late in the game, but I had some crazy circumstances ~ I was overseas for the holiday and got back a week and a half late due to the tsunamis/earthquakes :eek:

I originally applied to UNMC and Creighton (my state schools) back in November, but I have since decided to branch out a bit and seek a few more options.

I have a ton of relatives in Colorado and have spent great amounts of time over there, so I would absolutely love to go to dental school there. I spoke to their admissions office, and they are currently deciding whether they will grant me an extension to their Jan. 1 deadline or not due to my extenuating circumstances. However, I know they only take 1-2 out of staters, so Im not getting my hopes up too high.

Do you think it is worthless to apply to Pacific at this point in time. My DAT might be a little on the low side for them, and it seems their class is full or almost full.

As of now, I have these schools: Creighton, UNMC, USC, Boston, NYU

Maybes: Pacific, Tufts, U Penn, Temple, Marquette, UNLV

Any other suggestions??

Thanks! :love:

nebraskachica said:
Hey guys!

Thank you so much for the help!

I know I'm late in the game, but I had some crazy circumstances ~ I was overseas for the holiday and got back a week and a half late due to the tsunamis/earthquakes :eek:

I originally applied to UNMC and Creighton (my state schools) back in November, but I have since decided to branch out a bit and seek a few more options.

I have a ton of relatives in Colorado and have spent great amounts of time over there, so I would absolutely love to go to dental school there. I spoke to their admissions office, and they are currently deciding whether they will grant me an extension to their Jan. 1 deadline or not due to my extenuating circumstances. However, I know they only take 1-2 out of staters, so Im not getting my hopes up too high.

Do you think it is worthless to apply to Pacific at this point in time. My DAT might be a little on the low side for them, and it seems their class is full or almost full.

As of now, I have these schools: Creighton, UNMC, USC, Boston, NYU

Maybes: Pacific, Tufts, U Penn, Temple, Marquette, UNLV

Any other suggestions??

Thanks! :love:

Yes, it is worthless to apply to Pacific right now. It only interviews people for alternate list. My friend has a better DAT than yours and similar GPA like yours, but she is still under review. Forget UOP, it is too late for this cycle.
I don't know what are the deadlines for UPenn, Tufts, Marquette, and UNLV, but if you want AADSAS to send your application to these schools now, it is somewhat late. If you have the money, i would say why not? But you do not have the budget for it, i suggest you to save up.
Good luck!

Yes, unfortunately the window for UOP has come and gone. U Penn's deadline is sometime in March and they said that they seriously consider all application up until then, so I would give it a shot.

Ok guys ~

I hope I'm not being too annoying here, but the plan is to send out my extra request form TODAY.

Here is my final list - Creighton, UNMC (both from Nov.), Colorado (extenuating circumstances grant for late app), USC, Pacific (I know, long shot), Tufts, Temple, BU, NYU, Penn, Mich, Marquette, Columbia

Any last words before this goes in the mail box??

Thanks!! :love:

I wouldn't worry too much. Creighton undergrade students have a pretty good chance at acceptance around here. They are sending out more letters in a few weeks.