Low BCP & GPA.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MS Janis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you continuing to take classes in the meantime?

Your GPA scores are solid and a little bit above average. However, they are potentially not high enough to compensate for your BCP and sGPA. I'd keep working on your GPA, just in case.

My honest thoughts are that you are likely looking at post-December interviews, but I'm not an expert. Your GPA is borderline. How do your ECs look?

You seem such as perfect candidate for SMPs.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are your extracurriculars, shadowing, community service, etc. looking?

Are you continuing to take classes in the meantime?

Your GPA scores are solid and a little bit above average. However, they are potentially not high enough to compensate for your BCP and sGPA. I'd keep working on your GPA, just in case.

My honest thoughts are that you are likely looking at post-December interviews, but I'm not an expert. Your GPA is borderline. How do your ECs look?
Yes, I have one more year left in school.. and I will take 3-4 science classes next semester.
I have about 170 shadowing hours, 600hrs community services, and 500hrs work experiences.
+ pretty decent personal statement.

How are your extracurriculars, shadowing, community service, etc. looking?
I have about 170 shadowing hours, 600hrs community services, and 500hrs work experiences.
I applied on June 2nd and already got an email from Maryland that they received my application..

Yes, I have one more year left in school.. and I will take 3-4 science classes next semester.

Solid ECs. Like I said earlier, I think you're really borderline. I'd add 3-4 more schools.

You may get pre-December interviews, but it's hard to say. Get all As this semester, and I wouldn't be surprised if some came your way after the academic update. :)