Low DAT!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luluflowers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, my dat scores are:
18-PAT 15-qr 16-rc 21-bio 17-gc 18-oc 19-sa
17aa

My gpa: 3.55
-president of an organization, so many leadership positions, a lot of shadowing, and service hours

I applied to NOVA, UF, LECOM, UM, BU, NYU, Columbia

I plan on retaking my dat in October. Should I notify the schools I will be retaking it or should they evaluate me? then, if I get a rejection I would tell them to reevaluate me? Please help!! Do I still have a chance at LECOM at least??

Members don't see this ad.

I would e-mail them and report it on your application that you will be taking it again. Columbia's average is a 23. So I think a retake is necessary if you want to be competitive.

Hi, my dat scores are:
18-PAT 15-qr 16-rc 21-bio 17-gc 18-oc 19-sa
17aa

My gpa: 3.55
-president of an organization, so many leadership positions, a lot of shadowing, and service hours

I applied to NOVA, UF, LECOM, UM, BU, NYU, Columbia

I plan on retaking my dat in October. Should I notify the schools I will be retaking it or should they evaluate me? then, if I get a rejection I would tell them to reevaluate me? Please help!! Do I still have a chance at LECOM at least??
Hi LuLu,
You do need to bring your scores up a bit to be more competitive. What did you use and how long did you study? Did you get nervous on the test? What will you do differently on a retake? You have a good GPA and if you can bring you scores up a few points across the board you will be a competitive candidate.

Feel free to PM if you would like someone advice ...

Nancy

Definitely email schools and notify them. Also, update your test score section of the application for your next planned date.

Members don't see this ad :)
;(. I believe in you; don't give up and blow it out of the water next time! Lots of ppl on SDN know how to handle the DAT so just ask for advice whenever you want!

I did my DAT yesterday it was not good at all :( I got super nervous and stressed. 17AA, Bio15, OC 19, CG 17, PAT 17, RC 18, PQ 15. My overall GPA 3.8 and My science GPA 3.9. Do u think If I have any chance of getting in this cycle or do I need to retake the DAT again? I only sent my application to NOVA and LECOM.

I did my DAT yesterday it was not good at all :( I got super nervous and stressed. 17AA, Bio15, OC 19, CG 17, PAT 17, RC 18, PQ 15. My overall GPA 3.8 and My science GPA 3.9. Do u think If I have any chance of getting in this cycle or do I need to retake the DAT again? I only sent my application to NOVA and LECOM.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I would re-take it. I would really focus on your low areas a lot of schools cut offs are 17 in each section and some are even as high as 19. I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear. But I'm sure you will do better next time and you know now how to study and where your weaknesses and strengths are! Keep your head up!

Reactions: 1 user
You need a retake.

Just like JLT said, you NEED a retake. I know you can do better especially with that science GPA!