Low gpa application advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarfreedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a low undergrad gpa and want to apply for this cycle but I won't be taking my oat until December. Since it's already pretty late in the game, should I apply now and indicate my oat date or apply once I get my score? I'm worried that schools will automatically weed me out due to my sub 3.0 and I am hoping my score can make them reconsider. Will it be too late to submit in dec?? Does "rolling admissions" really help for a weaker candidate like me? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I have a low undergrad gpa and want to apply for this cycle but I won't be taking my oat until December. Since it's already pretty late in the game, should I apply now and indicate my oat date or apply once I get my score? I'm worried that schools will automatically weed me out due to my sub 3.0 and I am hoping my score can make them reconsider. Will it be too late to submit in dec?? Does "rolling admissions" really help for a weaker candidate like me? Thanks.

Most school probably wont even look at your application until all of the required parts are submitted (LORs, OAT score, etc). It takes a little while for Optomcas to process the application so it would be beneficial for you to submit it before you take the OAT.. that way when your OAT is sent, everything else is already in place.

rolling admissions may actually harm you since you're applying so late. It helps weaker candidates (who apply EARLY) get in.