Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Low GPA good MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gbey, May 31, 2002.

1. gbey

gbey Junior Member

GPA 2.75
    MCAT 36
    2+ years of clinical work and shadowing

Could not decide which schools to apply! Cuz, my poor GPA. I cannot just apply to 50 schools, cuz I got no dollars in my bank.

If you don't mind, give me some ideas as to where I should apply with a fair chance of getting acceptance.

Gebe

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ttac

ttac Trust me, it's still fun.

Resident [Any Field]
    Gebe,
    This question has come up fairly frequently on SDN...in short, the answer is: "Yes, a high mcat can make up for a low gpa, but you'd better have a darn good reason, an upward trend, and preferably some other unusual EC's to make up for it. Also, with a GPA < 3.0 you probably won't be able to make it directly out of undergrad...you probably need a few years in between."

At least that's the common theme I get from reading these low gpa/high mcat success stories.

Check out
    <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011856" target="_blank">Brag bout your low GPA</a>

Good luck!
    -ttac