Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, my name is Kristina.
I know this topic has been covered a lot before, but just looking for some advice and suggestions.
I have always had my mind set on becoming a doctor. After I graduated from high school, my first year in college went well, but I soon got sidetracked and ended up failing/withrdawing from classes left and right.
I took a year and a half break from college with no thoughts of returning until last semester.
I am 23 yrs old now. I have yet to receive my associates degree (only 6 more credits) and i decided I would give it another go and kept my major in biology.
My GPA is a 2.4 :/ I still have to complete all of my chemistrys and physics and 2 + years more of biology undergrad for my B.A
I am majoring in biology because I love it and want something to fall back on if I don't get into medical school.
My question is, is it even worth pursuing? with a 2.4 gpa it will be awfully hard to bring it up high enough to be accepted into any decent medical schools, but I am not wanting to give up hope. I guess my only chance is to do really well on my MCAT in a few years.
How many of you had success with a lower GPA and what schools?
Thanks
I know this topic has been covered a lot before, but just looking for some advice and suggestions.
I have always had my mind set on becoming a doctor. After I graduated from high school, my first year in college went well, but I soon got sidetracked and ended up failing/withrdawing from classes left and right.
I took a year and a half break from college with no thoughts of returning until last semester.
I am 23 yrs old now. I have yet to receive my associates degree (only 6 more credits) and i decided I would give it another go and kept my major in biology.
My GPA is a 2.4 :/ I still have to complete all of my chemistrys and physics and 2 + years more of biology undergrad for my B.A
I am majoring in biology because I love it and want something to fall back on if I don't get into medical school.
My question is, is it even worth pursuing? with a 2.4 gpa it will be awfully hard to bring it up high enough to be accepted into any decent medical schools, but I am not wanting to give up hope. I guess my only chance is to do really well on my MCAT in a few years.
How many of you had success with a lower GPA and what schools?
Thanks