Low GPA + Low OAT

Started by preopt2019
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea I don't think it's correct. And if it is correct, that means that almost everyone who applies gets in and our field is in serious trouble lol.

Wouldn't that just mean that the school's reputation is going to matter?

I mean...it kinda does exist, to some extent.
 
Wouldn't that just mean that the school's reputation is going to matter?

I mean...it kinda does exist, to some extent.
This is saying that almost everyone who applies to optometry school is accepted and that's just not the case. They usually have about 2500 applications for all schools, and accept about 1800.
 
This is saying that almost everyone who applies to optometry school is accepted and that's just not the case. They usually have about 2500 applications for all schools, and accept about 1800.

True. I even hear about a few waitlists for the newer optometry schools as well.

Wow though. 2500 applicants aren't a lot for the whole career. Then again, there aren't many optometry schools in existance.
 
I'll be going to Western U Optometry!
Congrats! I'm going to be applying to Western U this cycle and feel a bit nervous about my OAT (it's in 2 days). MY GPA is alright (roughly a 3.4/3.5 with an upward trend, although my science GPA might be more of a 3.1) but I feel like my OAT score might be around a 310. Do you think my chances at Western U are high?
 
Congrats! I'm going to be applying to Western U this cycle and feel a bit nervous about my OAT (it's in 2 days). MY GPA is alright (roughly a 3.4/3.5 with an upward trend, although my science GPA might be more of a 3.1) but I feel like my OAT score might be around a 310. Do you think my chances at Western U are high?
Hey! I think you have a good chance of getting in! Its best to apply and hear back from them about anything in your app that might be lacking. Just from your stats alone I think you are on the right track! my gpa was a 3.3 and sgpa was 3.0, OAT 310/280. Goodluck!