Low GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axelz165

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my GPA isnt that great. it's a 3.13. I don't have any excuses for it it's just low. I've done well in all my science courses however (mostly A/A-'s with B's literred in there).

Could this be outweighed by my extensive leadership positions? They include the PR head of a pre-health honor society and the Fundraising head which helped to raise over $13,000 dollars for Relay for Life. I recieved several awards since we crushed the previous record ($9,000) and became the first team in my colleges history to break $10,000. I also have extensive volunteering experience and a semester of volunteering in a hospital pharmacy during the summer. I also have over 3 years as a registered member of said organization.

EDIT: ugh just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. if someonec ould move this to pre-pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

So my GPA isnt that great. it's a 3.13. I don't have any excuses for it it's just low. I've done well in all my science courses however (mostly A/A-'s with B's literred in there).

Could this be outweighed by my extensive leadership positions? They include the PR head of a pre-health honor society and the Fundraising head which helped to raise over $13,000 dollars for Relay for Life. I recieved several awards since we crushed the previous record ($9,000) and became the first team in my colleges history to break $10,000. I also have extensive volunteering experience and a semester of volunteering in a hospital pharmacy during the summer. I also have over 3 years as a registered member of said organization.

EDIT: ugh just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. if someonec ould move this to pre-pharmacy?

In my opinion these are great and all but your PCAT score, LOR's and SOP will need to be stellar to offset you GPA. My GPA is 3.12 but i have an excuse which i wont disclose. i know lots of people on this forum who had 3.0's and got into pharmacy school. just make sure everything is on point.

I agree with what the other person said. If you get a PCAT score of 80+, that should show you understand the basic material (or are a lucky guesser) and should balance out your GPA.