Low GPA?

Started by axelz165
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axelz165

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my GPA isnt that great. it's a 3.13. I don't have any excuses for it it's just low. I've done well in all my science courses however (mostly A/A-'s with B's literred in there).

Could this be outweighed by my extensive leadership positions? They include the PR head of a pre-health honor society and the Fundraising head which helped to raise over $13,000 dollars for Relay for Life. I recieved several awards since we crushed the previous record ($9,000) and became the first team in my colleges history to break $10,000. I also have extensive volunteering experience and a semester of volunteering in a hospital pharmacy during the summer. I also have over 3 years as a registered member of said organization.

EDIT: ugh just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. if someonec ould move this to pre-pharmacy?
 
So my GPA isnt that great. it's a 3.13. I don't have any excuses for it it's just low. I've done well in all my science courses however (mostly A/A-'s with B's literred in there).

Could this be outweighed by my extensive leadership positions? They include the PR head of a pre-health honor society and the Fundraising head which helped to raise over $13,000 dollars for Relay for Life. I recieved several awards since we crushed the previous record ($9,000) and became the first team in my colleges history to break $10,000. I also have extensive volunteering experience and a semester of volunteering in a hospital pharmacy during the summer. I also have over 3 years as a registered member of said organization.

EDIT: ugh just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. if someonec ould move this to pre-pharmacy?

In my opinion these are great and all but your PCAT score, LOR's and SOP will need to be stellar to offset you GPA. My GPA is 3.12 but i have an excuse which i wont disclose. i know lots of people on this forum who had 3.0's and got into pharmacy school. just make sure everything is on point.
 
So my GPA isnt that great. it's a 3.13. I don't have any excuses for it it's just low. I've done well in all my science courses however (mostly A/A-'s with B's literred in there).

Could this be outweighed by my extensive leadership positions? They include the PR head of a pre-health honor society and the Fundraising head which helped to raise over $13,000 dollars for Relay for Life. I recieved several awards since we crushed the previous record ($9,000) and became the first team in my colleges history to break $10,000. I also have extensive volunteering experience and a semester of volunteering in a hospital pharmacy during the summer. I also have over 3 years as a registered member of said organization.

EDIT: ugh just realized i posted this in the wrong thread. if someonec ould move this to pre-pharmacy?



I agree with what the other person said. If you get a PCAT score of 80+, that should show you understand the basic material (or are a lucky guesser) and should balance out your GPA.