low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowturtles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some schools to apply to if i have a low pre req gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you done any research? Most schools have their average GPAs listed on PTCAS. It also depends on which state you live in, since in-state schools may be easier to get into if they give preference.

I had a low GPA (3.0 overall and like 3.2 maybe prereqs) i got in to 4 schools after applying to 16. I had fun while in PT school too. Found out I Passed the boards last wednesday...If I can do it you can do it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you done any research? Most schools have their average GPAs listed on PTCAS. It also depends on which state you live in, since in-state schools may be easier to get into if they give preference.

I have done some research, i guess not a whole lot though. i have found that some schools do have the lower minimum gpa and prereq gpas, however when they describe the typical student and the range of gpas, they seem to at least be in the 3.5-3.6 range.

I had a low GPA (3.0 overall and like 3.2 maybe prereqs) i got in to 4 schools after applying to 16. I had fun while in PT school too. Found out I Passed the boards last wednesday...If I can do it you can do it.
That's amazing! That's the GPA I have too... Where did you apply and where did you end up getting accepted then lastly, where did you end up going?

I have done some research, i guess not a whole lot though. i have found that some schools do have the lower minimum gpa and prereq gpas, however when they describe the typical student and the range of gpas, they seem to at least be in the 3.5-3.6 range.

Yeah, I also have a lower GPA, below most averages, so I had to find schools that were slightly less competitive. I looked on PTCAS, and also looked through the Acceptances thread to see where others with low gpa have succeeded.

So how did you guys calculate your pre-req GPA? Does PTCAs give you an actual number after you fill in all of your coursework and their respective grades?

Also, I met a third year GW student today and she said to apply early, and that she applied late her first time around. I asked her how late and she said around the second week of August. I didn't think that was too late. If so, I'm kind in similar waters. What do you guys think?

PTCAS gives you like 20 different categories GPA's (not even sure that's an exaggeration.)

Also, I met a third year GW student today and she said to apply early, and that she applied late her first time around. I asked her how late and she said around the second week of August. I didn't think that was too late. If so, I'm kind in similar waters. What do you guys think?

Seriously? That sounds extremely early.