low grades, need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noraapmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a 2.5 cgpa and an even lower science gpa. I was a confused student in college and didn't know what I wanted to do exactly, therefore my grades reflect that. I had no direction. I was a humanities major. I have about 2-3 repeats for Bio I, 2 and physics I and II, never getting A's despite repeating those classes. basically my gpa was lowered by bad grades in science classes. And everythime I would take a science course with my major courses, my grades in those classes suffered. I started a post-bac a year ago at a local university, and have been struggling with that as well with my gpa at about a 2.5 inlcuding retakes in upper level science courses like genetics. I know gpa repair can take years and I might be crazy to still trying to pursue DO school. I wanted to give myself one more chance by giving myself a year (which would be bwteen 30-45 credit hours) to earn all A's in any other upper level science courses I can take. And maybe get into a masters of medical science or maybe even DO school if I show signigficant imporvement. I dont even know If I would be accepted into a masters with only 30 credit hours of very good grades out of my entire college career? I know it looks like I probably cant handle being a doctor if I am doing poor in science. I have introspected as to why my grades were suffering and it is a combo of incorrect time management and not studying effectively as well as taking heavy course loads I couldnt handle in my post-bac. I know what I need to do to to get the grades i need. I tend to dwell on details too much and that has been something that Is difficult for me to overcome despite being in school for so long. Please try to not advice on alternating careers, I know I have it in me to get where I want eventually. I can't see myself doing anything else, and any input would be appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.