Low GRE dilemma

Started by deleted743364
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Should I wait?


  • Total voters
    3
D

deleted743364

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PA School applicant***

Would it be worth it to wait till June 9-12 to submit a GRE retake to CASPA, versus submitting immediately in May with older GRE scores (below avg)? I wouldn't be verified until late June/ early July.

I already took the GRE (55% qual, 20% quant 🙁 2 writing) , and had planned on retaking it in the summer, but noticed Cornell wants scores reported before submitting.

I could submit as soon as mid May if I used my old scores and be verified before May even ended. Idk how much value Cornell puts GRE.


It's basically later submission/better scores vs earliest submission/worse scores. Any thoughts?



PS: I am applying to 19 other programs so I might be hurting myself by giving Cornell so much priority, but thats my #1.