Low GRE scores and DPT admissions, Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCcatlover88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there anyone current DPT students that have gotten into PT school with a GRE score below the minimum requirement?? I have a solid GPA 3.8, diverse OB hours in 3 different settings with 250 hours, a letter of recommendation from an Elon Alumni, my top choice is Elon U, I just applied for early decision. BUTT My GRE score is 9 points below the minimum. I scored a 145 verbal and 143 math and a 4 on the writing. PLEASE help me, shower me with advice! I'm soooooo nervous that I wont get into due to my GRE score..

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If it's below the minimum, then it's below the minimum. I expect they'll look at your application long enough to determine that it does not meet minimum requirements before moving on to the hundreds of other applicants.

I'm not sure there is any advice beyond: retake the GRE, get the minimum or above, and reapply. Wish I had something more optimistic, but there it is.

[Edit: apologies I didn't realize this was a double post.]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Are there anyone current DPT students that have gotten into PT school with a GRE score below the minimum requirement?? I have a solid GPA 3.8, diverse OB hours in 3 different settings with 250 hours, a letter of recommendation from an Elon Alumni, my top choice is Elon U, I just applied for early decision. BUTT My GRE score is 9 points below the minimum. I scored a 145 verbal and 143 math and a 4 on the writing. PLEASE help me, shower me with advice! I'm soooooo nervous that I wont get into due to my GRE score..

Thanks!!!

Did you end up getting accepted anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the first time you've taken the GRE? I'd possibly recommend you take it again. Personally, I'm not the greatest test taker in the world, but in order to be competitive, I would at least try to get a 150 in V and Q

Hello,

Thanks!!!

Did you get accepted anywhere ?