• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

excitedPT

Apr 29, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
So i was crazy to sign up for the GRE when my semester is super hectic (20 something units and volunteer works) and I took the GRE recently and i didn't do so well (i think). I got 152 on the quantitative and 148 on the verbal! ;(

what scores should i aim for when i retake it?

wjs010

7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey ******* you scored better than most people lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

gymgirl57620035

Nov 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
I also took the GRE twice. One was on the old scoring system and the second was on the new scoring system. I know there is a table somewhere that converts scores, but the big thing is to look at your percentile rankings. You would want to be above the 50th percentile ranking in each category. If you are going to re-take it, I would reommend doing the Princeton Review GRE practice book. It really helped me skyrocket my score the second time I took it.

About the Ads

Litlwarrior08

May 23, 2011
Status (Visible)
you are around the avg score. acceptabe......up to you how competitive you want to be.

Reactions: 1 user

TarHeelPhil

Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Status (Visible)
I didn't have the best gpa but I was in the high 80's low 90's percentile-wise for my gre scores and I was accepted to a program. The way I studied was I just took a full test every other day for 2 weeks and it turned out well.

excitedPT

Apr 29, 2012
Status (Visible)
thanks everyone! i feel much better now! i just have to wait for my official scores to see my ranking. but i will still retake it and take a lot more time to study for it!

excitedPT

Apr 29, 2012
Status (Visible)
I just saw my percentile rankings for my scores and it's really making me upset at myself. for verbal I'm in the 60th percentile, for math I'm in the 40th percentile. then my analytical score is only 3. ;((

i really want to apply to PT schools this year so I will retake the GRE in July. Any tips?

My GPA is pretty good, right now i have 3.7 but I know GRE scores are really important. I'm scared.

Litlwarrior08

May 23, 2011
Status (Visible)
I'd focus on getting the math up to at least the 50%ile...........I understand the verbal is the more important score and yours is good. 3 is acceptable to many PT programs check w/ your programs of interest. That writing is really rough when there is no time to edit, and you're writing on the fly. Lots of advice is on this forum regarding the GRE. Do a search. Good Luck Oh my Analy. was 3 and 2.5 and I was accepted at one school and interviewed at 2. :) Prove your writing skills in your essay.

Onyang

Jun 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
I got a low score on the old GRE. 870. But I got accepted to two schools.

nomattic

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2011
CO
Status (Visible)
  1. Rehab Sci Student
Actually if your scores are correct, a 152 on quantitative actually equates to the 61st percentile, which is about a 670 on the old test. That is average or above average for most programs I've seen. Your verbal score is low (420 on the old scale), but your math is in good shape. I'd focus on getting your verbal to at least 500 (which is 153 on the new scale) and you should be fine.

Here's a link to score conversion if you wanna check it out. Scroll to page 20.
http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_guide.pdf

Romazicon

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
what schools did you get into with a low GRE score? My GRE score is below the requirement and I'm afraid I wont get in anywhere
This post is 3 years old, maybe you won't get a reply from the OP.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.