Low numbers

Started by JBird81
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JBird81

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any suggestions on which schools might take peeps with lower stats? My numbers are not good....probably sitting around a 2.8-9 but I am continuing to take classes so hopefully that trend will continue upwards. The main culprit is most of my undergrad stuff from about 8 years ago. GRE V and A scores were good but poor Q, so need to retake to being that up. I have not applied yet....still trying to get my ducks in a row but I'm never gonna be a 4.0 on paper. I am working as a PT aide. DPT school (if I can make it happen) will be a second career for me, so I am a non-traditional student.

Anyone else with a similar situation that has advice?
 
Some schools have lower minimums. I'd say find some of those, especially the ones that also have interviews. I know a guy who went to AT Still. He had a 3.0 GPA but A LOT of experience and they took him.

AT Still has a 2.7 minimum.
Western University of Health Sciences has a 2.8 min.
Shenandoah is also a 2.8
Samuel Merritt has a 2.8 cumulative GPA min. and a 2.6 prereq GPA min.

There are others. Good luck!