mvijns

2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi, fellow lurker here

I just took the DAT and I was pleasantly surprised with my scores (PAT 20/QR 21/RC 23/BIO 24/GC 24) except for organic chemistry which was an 18. Usually I score 19-22 on BC, and I thought the actual test wasn't hard at all so I'm really bummed about it! Would an 18 be a red flag to schools? Especially the ones that have cutoffs at 17? My GPA and extracurriculars are pretty solid so I'm hoping that schools will just overlook the 18 but I'm not too sure.. Maybe it was a technical error and they'll fix it before it gets processed, but that's just wishful thinking on my part :oops:

S/O to BC, DAT Destroyer, and Feralis' Notes because that's all I used to study LOL

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi, fellow lurker here

I just took the DAT and I was pleasantly surprised with my scores (PAT 20/QR 21/RC 23/BIO 24/GC 24) except for organic chemistry which was an 18. Usually I score 19-22 on BC, and I thought the actual test wasn't hard at all so I'm really bummed about it! Would an 18 be a red flag to schools? Especially the ones that have cutoffs at 17? My GPA and extracurriculars are pretty solid so I'm hoping that schools will just overlook the 18 but I'm not too sure.. Maybe it was a technical error and they'll fix it before it gets processed, but that's just wishful thinking on my part :oops:

S/O to BC, DAT Destroyer, and Feralis' Notes because that's all I used to study LOL
Congratulations, I wouldn't worry so much about the 18 in Orgo your other scores make up for it. Have you completed both Orgo 1 and 2? Did you see reactions you were not familiar with or do you think perhaps you made some careless mistakes? How many times did you go through Destroyer Orgo, were you using a current edition.

Don't beat yourself up..I know you were expecting higher in Orgo but your scores are something you should be proud of.

Nancy

About the Ads
OP
M

mvijns

2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations, I wouldn't worry so much about the 18 in Orgo your other scores make up for it. Have you completed both Orgo 1 and 2? Did you see reactions you were not familiar with or do you think perhaps you made some careless mistakes? How many times did you go through Destroyer Orgo, were you using a current edition.

Don't beat yourself up..I know you were expecting higher in Orgo but your scores are something you should be proud of.

Nancy
I went through the 2017 edition once and I felt that I had a strong understanding of it. I took both Orgos last year and I did pretty well in lecture. I think it might have been due to careless mistakes because the reactions and questions were pretty familiar to me.. But that would mean I made a lot of mistakes! Haha

I'm extremely happy about the rest of my scores so I'll try not to dwell on OC so much!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I went through the 2017 edition once and I felt that I had a strong understanding of it. I took both Orgos last year and I did pretty well in lecture. I think it might have been due to careless mistakes because the reactions and questions were pretty familiar to me.. But that would mean I made a lot of mistakes! Haha

I'm extremely happy about the rest of my scores so I'll try not to dwell on OC so much!
Please don't dwell on it, focus on moving ahead and interviews , and feel free to message me if you have any question on the rest of the process.

Nancy

About the Ads