Low PAT? DAT Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigsmoove23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Took the DAT recently after studying for about 2 months and I did pretty well with the exception of PAT. I listed my scores below. I was just wondering if my PAT is gonna bring me down a lot when I apply next year, since I heard some schools have certain PAT score cutoffs, and heavily focus on that score.

Bio:22
Chem:28
Orgo:25
QR:23
RC:22
PAT:18
AA:24
TS:25

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

Took the DAT recently after studying for about 2 months and I did pretty well with the exception of PAT. I listed my scores below. I was just wondering if my PAT is gonna bring me down a lot when I apply next year, since I heard some schools have certain PAT score cutoffs, and heavily focus on that score.

Bio:22
Chem:28
Orgo:25
QR:23
RC:22
PAT:18
AA:24
TS:25

Thanks
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Congratulations!!!

Those scores are fantastic! DAT Beast Destroyed. Your TS and AA score are way above average. I would not worry about the PAT score it does not go below any cutoffs. If you have concerns about a particular school concerning your PAT score then you should call them.

Celebrate, you deserve it!

Nancy

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Congratulations!!!

Those scores are fantastic! DAT Beast Destroyed. Your TS and AA score are way above average. I would not worry about the PAT score it does not go below any cutoffs. If you have concerns about a particular school concerning your PAT score then you should call them.

Celebrate, you deserve it!

Nancy
Thanks, I went through the dat destroyer chem 3 times and orgo twice. It also helped solidify knowledge about biology. Same for math destroyer. Truly a life saver, when paired with dat bootcamp

You got a 24AA you do not want to retake it! Any school that cares more about you getting an 18PAT than a 99th percentile AA isn’t a school you want to go to. You crushed the Dat and should be proud.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a dental student - I'd say you are fine - assuming you have other hobbies or skills in your application that demonstrate you have dexterity. Do you play the piano? Knit? Work with tiny electronics? Can you type fast? Ever work with CAD software or use a 3d printer? Sculpting? Ceramics? Woodworking? All of those skills directly showcase your ability to visualize how to build something and/or that your hands can function to make what you mind envisions.