Low PCAT average GPA

Started by PinkLotus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PinkLotus

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

What is the chance for me to get accepted in pharmacy school if my pcat score is low......68 composite. I am re-taking it this October because I did not have time to study for it when I took it in June 2007. English is my second language so I did poor in the verbal and reading sections (38 verbal and 56 reading). I got a 75 bio, 61 chem, 85 math. My GPA is around 3.6. I am worry that I am not competitive and will get rejected by other schools such as the University of Washington or UCSF. 🙁😕
 
Your GPA is pretty competitive, but you may want to add some less competitive schools to apply to also. Does UCSF require the PCAT because I thought no Cali schools did? Anyways, I think its possible if you are strong in other areas too. Good luck in Oct!