Low PCAT Score

Started by coduyen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coduyen

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I found out my score today for the Oct 17 test. My composite was a 71. I graduated from UT Austin with a 3.64 GPA. Prereq probably around 3.5. Can I get into pharmacy school with these scores? I am kind of sad that I studied so much for the PCAT and got a 71.
 
So I found out my score today for the Oct 17 test. My composite was a 71. I graduated from UT Austin with a 3.64 GPA. Prereq probably around 3.5. Can I get into pharmacy school with these scores? I am kind of sad that I studied so much for the PCAT and got a 71.
The scores aren't up on pearson's website and scores are mailed after scores are posted online. 😕
 
So I found out my score today for the Oct 17 test. My composite was a 71. I graduated from UT Austin with a 3.64 GPA. Prereq probably around 3.5. Can I get into pharmacy school with these scores? I am kind of sad that I studied so much for the PCAT and got a 71.

I think it depends on the schools you apply to and what they're stats are. Personally, a 71 is not bad at all especially if it is your first try! but if you are sad then take it in January.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Illinois schools seem to take mid 60 range scores and up so I would be satisfied with that score. But if the school you want to get into has a higher GPA average and PCAT average then you have then I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and improve your PCAT score. Getting it up three to five points should be doable with one to two hours of study every day until the January PCAT.

I would not buy the score online if someone is already receiving their score in the mail. If they received it in the mail then at worst case scenario it was mailed out yesterday....the east coast will probably get theirs in three more days tops. Closer to TX and you will probably get it in less time 1 to 2 days. Don't waste your money for 24 hours.
 
Illinois schools seem to take mid 60 range scores and up so I would be satisfied with that score. But if the school you want to get into has a higher GPA average and PCAT average then you have then I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and improve your PCAT score. Getting it up three to five points should be doable with one to two hours of study every day until the January PCAT.

I would not buy the score online if someone is already receiving their score in the mail. If they received it in the mail then at worst case scenario it was mailed out yesterday....the east coast will probably get theirs in three more days tops. Closer to TX and you will probably get it in less time 1 to 2 days. Don't waste your money for 24 hours.



Do you know any other school having a low average composite for pcat? Thanks a bunch for replying everyone.
 
So I found out my score today for the Oct 17 test. My composite was a 71. I graduated from UT Austin with a 3.64 GPA. Prereq probably around 3.5. Can I get into pharmacy school with these scores? I am kind of sad that I studied so much for the PCAT and got a 71.

You need to realize that anything over a 70% will be good enough for almost all schools. For example, based on UT statistics, about 1/4 of the entering class for the previous 4-5 years have PCAT scores in the 70's. So there is always hope. The main thing you have to do is to make yourself into a well rounded candidate. If you get an interview, just nail it and you'll be in. Think of it like this, an interview already means you have the foot in the door.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad