Low RC should I retake?

Started by Smieling
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Smieling

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my preliminary scores back

VA: 91
RC: 32 :scared:
Bio: 94
Chem: 98
QA: 77

Composite: 92

the cut-off at the school I'm trying to apply to is 20% for RC so i meet that requirement, it just really worries me that my RC was so low >>
 
I just got my preliminary scores back

VA: 91
RC: 32 :scared:
Bio: 94
Chem: 98
QA: 77

Composite: 92

the cut-off at the school I'm trying to apply to is 20% for RC so i meet that requirement, it just really worries me that my RC was so low >>

congrats you got in the 90s. i'm pretty sure thats the real reason why you made the post. :laugh:
 
I would retake but make sure you are confident you do better in the RC on your second exam, otherwise make sure to check the nonscore box. I'm still debating myself to retake. I got a 60 in RC 99 in bio, and 80's in everything else. Maybe I'll repeat just for fun knowing that there is a 99% chance I will cancel at the end.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools take the highest of each section, others take the highest composite, etc. Before you retake, consider the schools you are applying to and ask them how they look at PCAT scores. You can call your admissions office and simply ask them about how much emphasis they put on RC. My guess is not a lot. I wouldn't retake. RC is something that is generally a lower scoring section for most.