Low scores on 2009 DAT test, dat test scores vs real scores?

Started by cutiepiec
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cutiepiec

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My test is in 7 days and I’m FREAKING OUT. I have read that the 2009 test questions are easier than the real thing, I found the bio questions to be difficult. The 2009 test was so much harder than I thought it’d be. I really do not want to push this test back. I am feeling so unmotivated now, does anyone have a similar experience with doing poorly on the 2009 test vs the real thing? Any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated.
Bio:20
GenChem:20
Ochem:20
PAT:19
QR:18(can’t do math to save my life)
AA: 19
 
I took it a long time ago, but when I did it I was averaging 19's/20's during the practice tests (I took DAT Bootcamps, 2009 released test, etc.) I ended up getting a 24 AA on the real thing. So try not to stress, you're going to do worse if you do. Just go in there knowing you are going to give it your all and see what happens -- that's what I did and I was shocked and happy when I saw the 24 when I finished. Good luck!
 
My test is in 7 days and I’m FREAKING OUT. I have read that the 2009 test questions are easier than the real thing, I found the bio questions to be difficult. The 2009 test was so much harder than I thought it’d be. I really do not want to push this test back. I am feeling so unmotivated now, does anyone have a similar experience with doing poorly on the 2009 test vs the real thing? Any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated.
Bio:20
GenChem: 20
Ochem: 20
PAT:19
QR:18(can’t do math to save my life)
AA: 19
Hi, your scores are ok for the 2009 DAT Exam, I would be very concerned if you scores were below 20 in the sciences, the QR has changed since 2009 so I would consider that when you look at that score, they removed Trig and added QR problems in 2017. If you have prepared properly and feel ready to take the DAT go for it, but if you have any self doubt you can always reschedule to give yourself a little more time. Avoid a retake. Unfortunately ,you are the only one that answer the question if you are prepared or not. Timed test are used as a general guide, not to predict exactly what you will get.

Wishing you the best..Nancy, co/owner, Destroyer