Low subsection score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Derica123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took my DAT yesterday and here were the scores:

PAT 19 QR 17 RC 23 Bio 17 GC 19 OC 15 TS 17 AA 18

My GPA is a 3.34, I have 4 letters of recommendation, I work in research science at Washington University School of Medicine, and I am a minority. I feel that I am well a rounded applicant, but my organic score terrifies me! What are my chances? Has anyone ever gotten in with a 15 in organic? Could a decent PAT, GC, and QR out shine the 15?

My school choices are SIU SDM, BU (Henry M. Goldman), University of Minnesota, and Case Western. My application has already been submitted and I sent out this unofficial score report.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I took my DAT yesterday and here were the scores:

PAT 19 QR 17 RC 23 Bio 17 GC 19 OC 15 TS 17 AA 18

My GPA is a 3.34, I have 4 letters of recommendation, I work in research science at Washington University School of Medicine, and I am a minority. I feel that I am well a rounded applicant, but my organic score terrifies me! What are my chances? Has anyone ever gotten in with a 15 in organic? Could a decent PAT, GC, and QR out shine the 15?

My school choices are SIU SDM, BU (Henry M. Goldman), University of Minnesota, and Case Western. My application has already been submitted and I sent out this unofficial score report.
Hi Derica,

Your scores are pretty good with the exception of the ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ž๐ซ๐ ๐จ and to answer your question , "Have you ever seen anyone get in with a 15 in Orgo" My answer is yes, but I have worked with students for many years and all sorts of things are possible. You should contact the school's on your list and explain your situation, they are best suited to give you advice. You might be told you need to retake but do your homework first and contact the schools. Meharry and Howard are schools you might also consider, these schools are often a little more forgiving.

One student who was recently with scores a little low said it best.
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐š ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž"

Make sure you have a well thought out and amazing personal statement, that is what opens the door to an interview and then on the interview you will need to shine.

I wish you the best and if I can answer any more questions just let me know.

๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ฒ, ๐œ๐จ/๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ž๐ซ, ๐Ž๐ซ๐ ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง, ๐ƒ๐€๐“ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Derica,

Your scores are pretty good with the exception of the ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ž๐ซ๐ ๐จ and to answer your question , "Have you ever seen anyone get in with a 15 in Orgo" My answer is yes, but I have worked with students for many years and all sorts of things are possible. You should contact the school's on your list and explain your situation, they are best suited to give you advice. You might be told you need to retake but do your homework first and contact the schools. Meharry and Howard are schools you might also consider, these schools are often a little more forgiving.

One student who was recently with scores a little low said it best.
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐š ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž"

Make sure you have a well thought out and amazing personal statement, that is what opens the door to an interview and then on the interview you will need to shine.

I wish you the best and if I can answer any more questions just let me know.

๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ฒ, ๐œ๐จ/๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ž๐ซ, ๐Ž๐ซ๐ ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง, ๐ƒ๐€๐“ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ
Thank you so much Nancy for the advice and encouraging words! I feel good about other aspects in my application and I know that if I impress them in other areas, such as my personal statement or the research that I am involved in at a prestigious university, there's hope for the 15 to be forgiven.
My poor score was absolutely my fault as I neglected it in my study habits, thinking I would be okay being that I did well in college. Im hoping for the best and not giving up. Thank you again.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much Nancy for the advice and encouraging words! I feel good about other aspects in my application and I know that if I impress them in other areas, such as my personal statement or the research that I am involved in at a prestigious university, there's hope for the 15 to be forgiven.
My poor score was absolutely my fault as I neglected it in my study habits, thinking I would be okay being that I did well in college. Im hoping for the best and not giving up. Thank you again.
Great attitude, never ever give up, worse case you might have to regroup and move ahead. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays whatever you celebrate, anyway may it be filled with happiness and joy.

Nancy

• Care
Cycle update?

Cycle update?
No update so far. My application is being reviewed by 5 different schools. I added Marquette to my school choices this morning by suggestions and Im really happy that their wants in a DAT score are reflected in what I was able to achieve.

No update so far. My application is being reviewed by 5 different schools. I added Marquette to my school choices this morning by suggestions and Im really happy that their wants in a DAT score are reflected in what I was able to achieve.
So wait, your app was just recently completed?

Any interviews?
Good morning! Yes, I am extremely happy to announce that I received a DESP interview from Marquette, a school that was suggested to me by other pre-dents because of my stats. Acceptance and completion of this program comes with automatic acceptance into the school. And only ten people are chosen a year. My interview is scheduled for 2/12!