Lower end applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

northtexan

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering what people with lower GPA and/or minimal pharmacy experience have done to maximize their chance of acceptance to a school

I have a 2.9 GPA and am hoping to have atleast a 3.0 by the time I graduate and start pharmacy school.
I recently took the PCAT and for a composite score of 89

I do not currently have any pharmacy experience, but I am meeting with multiple pharmacists and about shadowing and volunteering. I plan on getting my pharmacy tech certification in the near future so I can get a job as a pharmacy technician, but will probably not be able to put that experience on my application since it will mainly be in the spring and I am hoping to apply for the 2016 cycle. I might have to wait until the 2017 cycle to apply but if I have to do that I will have more experience and hopefully a better chance of getting in to a school.

What are your suggestions on increasing chances for the 2016 cycle with the deadline approaching?
 
I wish I was as proactive as you, did you use dr collins for a study guide? I feel it really helped me there was anywhere from 8-20 practice tests depending on the section and they send you an updated packet of questions that were on the previous PCAT and I noticed alot of those questions on the actual test. I would say atleast 25% of bio and chem were the exact questions that I saw in the practice exams.