Lower end applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

northtexan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what people with lower GPA and/or minimal pharmacy experience have done to maximize their chance of acceptance to a school

I have a 2.9 GPA and am hoping to have atleast a 3.0 by the time I graduate and start pharmacy school.
I recently took the PCAT and for a composite score of 89

I do not currently have any pharmacy experience, but I am meeting with multiple pharmacists and about shadowing and volunteering. I plan on getting my pharmacy tech certification in the near future so I can get a job as a pharmacy technician, but will probably not be able to put that experience on my application since it will mainly be in the spring and I am hoping to apply for the 2016 cycle. I might have to wait until the 2017 cycle to apply but if I have to do that I will have more experience and hopefully a better chance of getting in to a school.

What are your suggestions on increasing chances for the 2016 cycle with the deadline approaching?

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I was as proactive as you, did you use dr collins for a study guide? I feel it really helped me there was anywhere from 8-20 practice tests depending on the section and they send you an updated packet of questions that were on the previous PCAT and I noticed alot of those questions on the actual test. I would say atleast 25% of bio and chem were the exact questions that I saw in the practice exams.