Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Status (Visible)
Let's be serious here. Papa is a little off, in my opinion, but not all that far.

If you look in the MSAR, only considering MCAT, the point at which an applicant's chances break 50% is between a 28 and a 29. 28 and below fewer than 50% get in; 29 and above more than 50% get in.

About the Ads

lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Diogenes
Let's be serious here. Papa is a little off, in my opinion, but not all that far.

If you look in the MSAR, only considering MCAT, the point at which an applicant's chances break 50% is between a 28 and a 29. 28 and below fewer than 50% get in; 29 and above more than 50% get in.

Yikes! I am in deep trouble! :(

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Status (Visible)
femto-

listen, if you're already applying, i don't think it's worth it to stress out about the scores! have faith in yourself and you'll do fine... :cool:

(i think that's what papa smurf was trying to say in his own little way....)

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by lady bug

Yikes! I am in deep trouble! :(

Not necessarily. I wouldn't worry about it. Tons of people get in with below a 28. Just not as many as get in with above a 28, that's all.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Limbo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Diogenes

Not necessarily. I wouldn't worry about it. Tons of people get in with below a 28. Just not as many as get in with above a 28, that's all.

Oh, that's a relief!

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Ninjaboy
I think it depends on the range of your scores. I have heard that a lot of schools give automatic rejections to anything below a 6. So a 27 with a 9,9,9 is a lot better than a 6,12,11.

but a 6, 12, 11 would add up to 29. we get your point though, i'm just messin with you :D

mamie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
I've known many people with scores under 25 (both URM and non-URM) who have gotten into med school. I even know of a MD/PhD student who got a 19. I still don't know how the hell he got in, but I'm happy for him.

peace

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.