Lowest MCAT and still got in.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Femtochemistry

Skunk Works
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,

who here has the lowest MCAT score and still got in medical school? give me some hope :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Less than a 32 and I wouldn't even bother applying.

Let's be serious here. Papa is a little off, in my opinion, but not all that far.

If you look in the MSAR, only considering MCAT, the point at which an applicant's chances break 50% is between a 28 and a 29. 28 and below fewer than 50% get in; 29 and above more than 50% get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Diogenes
Let's be serious here. Papa is a little off, in my opinion, but not all that far.

If you look in the MSAR, only considering MCAT, the point at which an applicant's chances break 50% is between a 28 and a 29. 28 and below fewer than 50% get in; 29 and above more than 50% get in.

Yikes! I am in deep trouble! :(

femto-

listen, if you're already applying, i don't think it's worth it to stress out about the scores! have faith in yourself and you'll do fine... :cool:

(i think that's what papa smurf was trying to say in his own little way....)

Originally posted by lady bug

Yikes! I am in deep trouble! :(

Not necessarily. I wouldn't worry about it. Tons of people get in with below a 28. Just not as many as get in with above a 28, that's all.

Originally posted by Diogenes

Not necessarily. I wouldn't worry about it. Tons of people get in with below a 28. Just not as many as get in with above a 28, that's all.

Oh, that's a relief!

Originally posted by Ninjaboy
I think it depends on the range of your scores. I have heard that a lot of schools give automatic rejections to anything below a 6. So a 27 with a 9,9,9 is a lot better than a 6,12,11.

but a 6, 12, 11 would add up to 29. we get your point though, i'm just messin with you :D

I've known many people with scores under 25 (both URM and non-URM) who have gotten into med school. I even know of a MD/PhD student who got a 19. I still don't know how the hell he got in, but I'm happy for him.

peace