You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lowest OAT score and accepted to optometry school?
Started by Fv0145
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not worried about stats. Wanting to know what the lowest OAT accepted has beenI think the general lower limit is 300 and average is around 330-340. But, I have read that some people applied with around 280 and got in. Also depends on your other stats of course.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fruitydelight
New Member
I made it into optometry schools and my OAT was a 300. Total science was...280 I believe. I'd have to check again but should be 270 or 280. I think there is someone in the giant list of "class of 2023" thread that had a 280 average but you'd have to look through that. I can also say that my score of 300 was my second time taking the OAT. The first time i got a 270 average and I did not make it into any schools (neither western nor MWU CCO). So I'll say the lowest score I have personally ever heard of that has been accepted would be a 280. Best of luck
kevanescence
New Member
I got accepted to CCO, AZCOPT, and Western with 290 on my OAT. I'm guessing it's my science GPA that saved me (3.5).
futureoptom9988
New Member
I made it into optometry schools and my OAT was a 300. Total science was...280 I believe. I'd have to check again but should be 270 or 280. I think there is someone in the giant list of "class of 2023" thread that had a 280 average but you'd have to look through that. I can also say that my score of 300 was my second time taking the OAT. The first time i got a 270 average and I did not make it into any schools (neither western nor MWU CCO). So I'll say the lowest score I have personally ever heard of that has been accepted would be a 280. Best of luck
Hi! Do you mind sharing what your GPA was? My OAT score is on the lower side and my GPA isn't super high either.
Their was somebody that got into KYCO with. 250 TS /260AA
Which is not good for the profession
Hi do you know if this person was given admission due to other things on their apps? I also have a similar OAT score and yes it’s not good for the profession but I have a whole back ground story which reflects on my scores :/
Landobanando
Full Member
290 OAT and 3.7 GPA AZCOPT class of 2024!
innerwavebabe
New Member
Did you apply early ?I got in with a 290 but i had a 3.6 GPA.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
innerwavebabe
New Member
Did you apply early ?290 OAT and 3.7 GPA AZCOPT class of 2024!
Was this OAT score your first time taking? How many hours of volunteering and shadowing did you have? Please advise.I got into CCO, ICO, and UMSL. OAT was 300 TS, 280 AA and GPA was 3.39. 2 years of experience in the field as a tech/scribe/supervisor
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
camilamiette
Full Member
I got into AZCOPT, PUCO, IUSO, UMSL, and Salus with 320 AA/290 TS (with 280s in both OChem and Physics). My overall gpa was 3.4, and science was around a 3.2
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 241
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 292