Loyola MSMP 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Throwaway3214

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. Is anyone else applying for Loyola's MSMP for next year? I applied back in February and the website said decisions take up to a month, but the only notice I've received is an email yesterday saying that the committee is still in the process of reviewing applications. Has anyone gotten in to this program yet?
 
I applied in early April, and I have not heard back yet. However, I got accepted into the MAMs program at Loyola so I am gonna be attending that. I will however post back here to let you know when I get a decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application was submitted (officially complete) on May 19th but I haven't heard back yet. Best of luck to everyone!
 
My application was submitted (officially complete) on May 19th but I haven't heard back yet. Best of luck to everyone!
Update--I received my acceptance yesterday! I think decisions come in waves every month or so, but I'm not sure.
 
Got into both programs--3.51 overall GPA and approx. 3.45 sGPA. MCAT is 514: 128/128/129/129. Had pretty extensive clinical volunteering, clinical shadowing/internship, and health care ethics fellowship research project. Areas of weakness are sGPA and community service outside of clinical settings.
Which one are you leaning towards? I don't really have a preference as of yet
 
For those interested, I was accepted into the program after a call with the program director. My stats are 3.24 cGPA, 3.14sGPA, 520 MCAT. I was really looking forward to the program, but I actually got a very last-minute med school acceptance so I will be forfeiting my spot. For what it's worth, I got into both this program and the MAMS program and I feel this program is the clear winner judging by the outcomes section of the website for each program, and the fact that there have historically been a number of people accepted into MAMS who were not accepted into MSMP. With a 98% med school acceptance rate, anyone starting this program should feel confident about their chances getting into the program of their choice after this. Good luck to everyone entering the program!