Loyola Post Bac or MAMS program? Anyone? Anyone

Started by DRTOBE1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DRTOBE1

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone will be attending Loyola University Chicago's Post bac pre med or Masters of Medical Sciences program this fall 2004?
What classes do you plan to take?
Will you be full/part time?
Where will you live?
Will you work as well?

THANKS! 😉
 
Dorms are only for undergrads, but lots of housing in the area.

Rogers Park (area of Chicago Loyola is in) is, I would say, a 'medium' area from a rent standpoint. Not as glitzy as Lincoln Park, but not as expensive either. In the area (up to 15 min walking), I would say apartments are generally: studio 400-600/month, 1BR 500-700/mo. Of course, you can live anywhere if you want to travel. Check this out for more info on places: http://spacefinder.chicagoreader.com/cgi-bin/spacefind.cgi Zip for Loyola area is 60660

I'm done with my Post-bacc, but may be in the area another year during my glide year. PM if you have any specific questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are 2 neighborhoods around Loyola, 60660 is Edgewater and Roger's Park is 60626. When I went to undergrad there, I was always told to stay away from Morse and Farwell when looking for apts.
 
Relatively. They are not ghettos or anything. I have always felt safe. But if I was a female, I wouldn't walk around alone much at night. And Loyola has some free shuttle service I think if you need to get home late at night. I've never used it, but I hear it's there. . . bubba, if that avatar is a picture of you, you will have no problems. 🙂
 
I will attend LUC MAMS program in august. I feel that I have little information about the program and its students. I would enjoy feedback involving program, classroom, and social experiences from past students. Also, if anyone will be joining me in the fall, feel free to contact me via email or this forum...