Loyola Residency--Any news??

Started by ICUROK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ICUROK

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview scheduled for Loyola and was wondering if anyone has any information about their residency program. I tried performing a search, but it was not working for me.
Does anyone know about the Loyola program, specifically about the hours, case load, automony, and malignancy of the program? I would appreciate any information that anyone would like to share.
Thank you.
 
ICUROK said:
I have an interview scheduled for Loyola and was wondering if anyone has any information about their residency program. I tried performing a search, but it was not working for me.
Does anyone know about the Loyola program, specifically about the hours, case load, automony, and malignancy of the program? I would appreciate any information that anyone would like to share.
Thank you.

Hey,
Loyola is located in Maywood, IL, about 25-30 min out of Chicago. There are a lot of low income from the city border and there is a VA. There is a lot of upper income from the suburbs. The hospital campus is large. The anes residents work very hard. They are Q4 for most of the time, prob work about 80 hrs/week. Well rounded, good cameraderie, workhorse program.
 
mich12580 said:
Hey,
Loyola is located in Maywood, IL, about 25-30 min out of Chicago. There are a lot of low income from the city border and there is a VA. There is a lot of upper income from the suburbs. The hospital campus is large. The anes residents work very hard. They are Q4 for most of the time, prob work about 80 hrs/week. Well rounded, good cameraderie, workhorse program.


This is NOT ture about the program. During the anesthesia years I don't know anyone who works about 80 hours/week. It may be true sometimes during the clinical base year depending on the rotation (such as general surgery, which is to be expected). And I only take about 5 to 6 (sometimes only 4) calls per month during the anesthesia years. During the clinical base year there are several no call months, and only a couple of months that you are actually q4. We definately work hard here and do great cases but I don't feel like a workhorse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
loyolares said:
This is NOT ture about the program. During the anesthesia years I don't know anyone who works about 80 hours/week. It may be true sometimes during the clinical base year depending on the rotation (such as general surgery, which is to be expected). And I only take about 5 to 6 (sometimes only 4) calls per month during the anesthesia years. During the clinical base year there are several no call months, and only a couple of months that you are actually q4. We definately work hard here and do great cases but I don't feel like a workhorse.
how many hours do you all work then a week? is 50-60 a safe number?

what time do you all get out every day? weekends off?

thanks