LSU applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vetx2

LSU C/O 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is another thread to provide any information on the LSU admissions process for the veterinary program. Any information on interviews, acceptances, and the dreaded rejection, please post here!!! Best of Luck to everyone. Vetx2

Members don't see this ad.

Have heard nothing yet from LSU.

I have just been official moved from applicant is unreviewed to under review. It is a step worth celebrating.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have just been official moved from applicant is unreviewed to under review. It is a step worth celebrating.

Me too! It's kinda interesting how they have already cut the OOS list down to 150 people!

I have also been moved to the Under Review:) How do you know they have cut the OOS to 150?????

If you read the Paragraph under the under review portion it states congratulations for making it to the top 150 oos applicants.

But the last two years they only took 18 oos applicants

If you read the Paragraph under the under review portion it states congratulations for making it to the top 150 oos applicants.

But the last two years they only took 18 oos applicants

Yes, 18 OOS enrolled, but I am willing to bet more than 18 OOS applicants were accepted ;)

I am under review too! woo hoo! :)

Yippie! I'm under review for OOS too!

Under review mice elf!!! Hooray.

Arkansas resident here.

the Faculty Committee on Admissions would like to congratulate you for making it into the Top 150 List for out of state applicants. Your folder will now be thoroughly reviewed as we move on with the applicant review process

I'm running off to do a happy dance now :D and to try and get some sleep since I'm up waaaay past my bedtime obsessing. :rolleyes:

Well there is 8 of 18 right there. Next ten to post get in. Sorry for the rest of ya'll.:)

Number 9 out of 18!!!! Phew! Im glad I saw this thread, that was close! Congrats everyone...:highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the top 150 too, for OOS.

I am an Arkansas resident and heard through the grape vine we will be hearing about interviews in a week to week and a half. Arkansas interviews will be held on Feb. 7th. My wife is a fourth year and will be graduating in May, so I have the inside scoop about what it is really like at LSU SVM!!!! If you have any questions about what it was like or any curriculum questions or about the area, just let me know and I will be more than happy to fill you in on Baton Rouge and the school!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! I'm so excited and keep checking their website for updates.....keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

My fall transcripts are posted, yay!!!! Now all I have to do is be patient and wait.........

Yea me too, lol! :highfive: I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw they received it because I got that email from them saying how long it would take them to update their system and to make sure Fall transcripts were sent. I emailed them back saying I had them sent several weeks ago but to be safe I asked if I could fax unofficial transcripts until they received the official ones. They said they only accept official ones. So it seems like LSU puts a lot of emphasis on your ability to follow directions and deadlines. So I was very glad to see they got my fall transcripts!!!:soexcited:

By the way, those of you who are under review, did you all get an email telling you which dates their interviews will be held? I hope they give us some notice, because they are coming up soon! Feb 7 for OOS!

Got an email that says I should know if I get an interview by Wednesday morning. I've got the butterflies.

Just check LSU app check system and it says my interview is scheduled for Feb. 7th at 1pm YES!!!! What a relief:) So, now it is down between LSU, K-State, and RVC........

After much consideration, I called LSU and declined my interview. I never thought I'd be in a position to be able to choose schools...Hopefully this will open up a spot for another qualified applicant. Good luck!

mine still says under review :( I guess no interview for me

Mine too :(. I keep checking it hoping that maybe they didn't get around to updating before the e-mail went out but no such luck.

My current status still says 'Folder under review'. So I guess no interview for now. I wonder if that will change.

Good luck to everyone (and myself):).

Mine says under review. I'm still hoping they haven't updated but probably did :(. Goodluck to everyone else :)

Yea, I'm hoping too, especially because I got that email after the office was already closed...more like 2 hours ago.....and they did say by wednesday morning......lets keep our fingers crossed!:xf:

I am still under review. Very dissapointing:(

Under review myself. The wait is killing me. I think I'll be checking all day hoping it gets changed. I have a feeling it won't. Now I have to wait for my other schools who won't notify me until late February to Early March. It's really wrong for them to make us complete our application by October 2nd and than keep us waiting for months. Here's to hoping all of us get in somewhere :) GOOD LUCK!

Yeaaaaa, mine still says under review today too. Total bummer. But based on the email they sent us, it seems that all hope should not be completely lost, is that right? They could still notify us later on, right? Or did I interpret that incorrectly?

Anyone know what's happened in previous years?

I guess this is kind of pointless and just my jitters but I have a question. My GPA is 3.6 and I got 1160 on my GRE. I have about 500 hours of veterinary experience and still working. I was wondering for those of you that have received either early acceptance or interview, does that seem competitive? Do I still have a chance? I'm starting to worry. I was never fully sure Vet School was the right choice for my but going through all of this I've become so invested I really want to go. I am thinking if I don't get in anywhere I might try and raise my GRE and maybe get much more veterinary experience and try again next year with better letters of Recommendation.

I just got an email saying I'm on the alternate list...anyone else in my boat?

Yeah. Alternate list, we'll see.

I got an interview for 10:20 am for the oos interviews. Best of luck to everyone else!

Hey everyone!
I am OOS and I recieved an interview for the 7th at 9:40 I think? Anyway I am super excited!!! I will be flying down the day before (I am from VA) and I know this is a random question but if I have time I want to check out Baton Rouge. Any suggestions?
As for the person asking if they were competitive, I would honestly check the websites past enrollment statistics. Most of the time for OOS the GPA is around 3.7 and the GRE 1200ish with appx 500 hours of experience. There is still a good chance for you though because these are average scores! I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

I guess this is kind of pointless and just my jitters but I have a question. My GPA is 3.6 and I got 1160 on my GRE. I have about 500 hours of veterinary experience and still working. I was wondering for those of you that have received either early acceptance or interview, does that seem competitive? Do I still have a chance? I'm starting to worry. I was never fully sure Vet School was the right choice for my but going through all of this I've become so invested I really want to go. I am thinking if I don't get in anywhere I might try and raise my GRE and maybe get much more veterinary experience and try again next year with better letters of Recommendation.

There are a ton of things you can do to make your application more attractive. First start with you personal statement. You have to get personal experiences under your belt and in your statement that make you stand out. Second, get out and get community involvment in some manner. Go build a house with HFH. Sit on your local YWCA board. Simply you must get in every charitable organization opportunity you can. Become a member of your local bike association or runners club. All these things will help you app stand out. Community involvement is a huge expectation in the vet field so they'll like to see it prior to enrollment. Your GPA and GRE seem competitive but if that's your prereq GPA it's prob somewhat below average. I can't stress how important your personal statement and the items you write are with regards to gaining the attention of the boards.
I have no first hand knowledge of board members but I have sat on numerous hiring committtees and understand trying to draw distinction between multiple resumes. Good Luck.