LSU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmccle5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interviewing next Friday at LSU?? I am and just looking for other people that will be there!

Members don't see this ad.

How do you already have an interview with LSU? I thought they just put out apps in September. I am so nervous now. I am wanting to go there. Could you let me know how it goes with them and what might increase my chances? What is the deal with the chalk carving portion of the LSU process?

Yeah, they start interviews officially on Nov 2nd and every friday after that I believe. Are you from louisiana?? For the chalk carving, I can give you a website and what not that says exactly what you will have to carve. It's a pain (I've actually only practiced once and I hate it!) but hopefully I can get better at it. Let me know if you have any questions..

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG! That would be great. I have not sent my application yet. I was going to do that on Monday. Am I NOT going to get an interview because I have not yet submitted it? Are we allowed to contact people on here (say if I needed to ask you something else) via email? How many times did you take the DAT before being satisified with your score? I am not happy with my score and I took it the first time two weeks ago so now I have to wait until January to retake it. I have never taken any prep courses or used any supplemental computer programs which I should have. My science and overall GPA are above 3.6 but the DAT score as I mentioned is just average. What do you think my chances of getting into LSU are? I am applying as a resident? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am new to studentdoctor.net and am so stressed out.

Yeah, they start interviews officially on Nov 2nd and every friday after that I believe. Are you from louisiana?? For the chalk carving, I can give you a website and what not that says exactly what you will have to carve. It's a pain (I've actually only practiced once and I hate it!) but hopefully I can get better at it. Let me know if you have any questions..

Could I get a link to that site as well? I got an email from the school saying that I was going to interview on the 30th of November. Does this mean that others will be admitted before me if they interview earlier? I submitted my application pretty early, or so I thought.

Btw, where is everyone from around here? All Louisiana residents/college students? I went to Princeton and Tulane, and am from Leesville originally. I gathered from admissions in general that LSU-D pretty much sticks to accepting in-staters, which is, I think, how most dental schools seem to work...any insight?

oh, and good luck and hope to see you there!:)

The link to that chalk carving site is...
http://www.lsu.edu/student_organizations/predentalsociety/images/chalk.jpg

I submitted my application about a week after they were sent out. I'm pretty sure they start sending out acceptances on I think Dec. 1st so I'm sure a couple people will be accepted then! I'm from Baton Rouge - go to LSU. And yeah, I'm pretty sure LSU MAINLY takes in-staters unless your stats are awesome from out-of-state. I'm excited, but nervous!

Hey I have one at LSU on Friday the 9th. It that your day or did you go last friday the 2nd?