Lsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been down there twice, and know some people in the VM1 and VM2 classes, so feel free to ask me whatever. I may not know, but I may be able to get the answer.

Congrats by the way!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all!!!

I was VERY suprised to find I was accepted! Does anyone have any input about the school? Likes/Dislikes? I feel at a disadvantage in not having been there! (i'm going to see if I can somehow dig up enough money to go visit, but I just don't know if it's possible, so any thoughts would be awesome!)

Well, I'm a current first year here at LSU... so if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them. :)

And congrats to all!

Does anybody know how their alternate list works?? I'd assume its grouped by instate vs out of state, but the letter I got almost made it sound as though status didn't really matter (they narrowed their decision to the top 150 out of 700 applicants and apparently I fit in there), which I know is silly. Do a reasonable number of students get accepted off of their alternate list or not? I honestly am shocked that this wasn't another rejection and I almost didn't apply there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitfrickenlisted, oh well thats THREE waitlists for me. I'm hoping that the top 150 includes the people who already got accepted, making the waitlist only 80(ish) people instead of 150. Don't know how much their waitlist moves. :(

I'll be turning down LSU, hope this helps you guys.:luck:

Waitfrickenlisted, oh well thats THREE waitlists for me. I'm hoping that the top 150 includes the people who already got accepted, making the waitlist only 80(ish) people instead of 150. Don't know how much their waitlist moves. :(

I got the same letter today. I called immediately to tell them they can take me off of the list. Hopefully this will help out those still on it.

I've heard that some schools allow you change your state residency so you can pay the lower tuition. Does anyone know if LSU allows this? I don't assume that the process would be easy, but if the chance exists that would be really awesome..

I'm going to visit on Thursday, so I'll also ask while I'm down there..

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to visit on Thursday

Did you talk to anybody about getting a tour down there or are you just going to wander around on your own? I'd really like to visit soon (I'm waitlisted) just so that if I am admitted, I know a little bit more about the school.

Oh, and about the tuition, I'm pretty sure that on the supplemental application, out of staters had to sign something saying that we understood we'd be paying out of state tuition all 4 years. But that was back in December, so I could be mistaken.

Did you talk to anybody about getting a tour down there or are you just going to wander around on your own? I'd really like to visit soon (I'm waitlisted) just so that if I am admitted, I know a little bit more about the school.

Actually, seaturtlegirl and I are going together and we are being given a tour.

Oh, and about the tuition, I'm pretty sure that on the supplemental application, out of staters had to sign something saying that we understood we'd be paying out of state tuition all 4 years. But that was back in December, so I could be mistaken.

LOL Feels like last December was years ago..

Actually, seaturtlegirl and I are going together and we are being given a tour.

Who did you contact for that? I was looking all over for some info on how to get one but found nothing.

Hi Mistifical! Actually, Tsuki and I simply contacted Jared Granier at admissions! I'd give you his info but I don't have it on me. I am excited about visiting the school tomorrow, and will be sure to post feedback! :)

so it seems as though a lot of people here have declined LSU and that a lot of us are also waitlisted there... so has anybody gotten in off the waitlist?

I just got off the waitlist and have been accepted to LSU. Still waiting on three other waitlists though

I talked to Mr. Granier today after he sent my offer letter, he said they still have 10 spots open for out of state and they sent five offers out today, they didn't really have a dealine either, but hopefully things will be moving quickly!

So I visited the school last week and paid my deposit and received more information today via email. It's hitting me now how real this is, I'm really going to go to vet school. I've lived with my parents in California all my life and now not only am I moving out, I'm moving across the country all alone. I'm excited and scared, but mostly excited. I can't wait until August.

Congrats! It really is a great school... I'm sure the prospect of moving is a little scary, but I've found that everyone here is very friendly and welcoming.

Best of luck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions about the school I can definitely try and answer them. ^_^