Lsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkamsterdam

Old Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application to LSU about two weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone here is applying to LSU and would like an idea of what to expect. I'm really interested in the school and feel that New Orleans would be a very good place to study dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

if you can deal with the accents around there

I'm from the new orleans area, so I can tell you a little about what its like.

First off I don't know what your background is and whatnot, but if you were sheltered growing up then New Orleans can possibly be a challange. Its a big time, and I mean BIG TIME party city. Thats all I really need to say about that, I'm sure since your entering dental school your mature and know how to manage your time.

Other than that the city does have alot of history, and some culture. Its still terribly destroyed from hurricane Katrina, so you will see alot of destruction while your down there, its not that bad, but maybe more than you have seen before. Also the city has a very high murder/crime rate, I don't know that its any worse than inner city detroit or somewhere like that but per capita its one of the highest rates in the nation.

Also the city/state politics are, well, very suspicious to say the least.

On the whole their are good people down there who are warm and frendly. The food is like no other, and the music is awsome. I like the area, but I will move away when I have kids, as I would not want to raise them there.

I'm not trying to be all negative and scary or anything like that, I'm just being honest and realistic. I really don't know anything about the d-school, other than generally speaking LSU is a good school.

I don't know if this was the info you were looking for but I hope it helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Baton Rouge and also applied to LSU as soon as the application was available. Anyone know when they are supposed to start asking people for interviews??? I'm getting impatient!

I was supposed to be on the list for an application according to Dr. Weir. I have tried calling and emailing and I have not received a response....but I'm attempting to apply, if they will mail me an app. I'm not from LA, but I love it! It might be too much for some, but I would definitely enjoy my time there!:thumbup:

I still haven't received my app! I requested it in August and they said they sent out another one 2 weeks ago. Still nothing :(

I called LSU and they apparently start interviewing in November. I imagine their admissions is typical rolling admissions, though they do accept the first wave of applicants in December.

For those who havent received the app yet- just start sending transcripts, dat scores, LORs. The application itself takes no longer than a day and BTW, they require a passport photo. So get one.

I just got my interview invite for November 2!! So they're comin...