Lsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MickeysPet

MSU CVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI to those applying to LSU- my status page now shows 'currently under review'.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine says that too now!! I was super excited yesterday when I checked!

I think LSU's a long shot for me (I think they only take about 18-20 OOS, and no interview), but at least we can hope that an answer's just around the corner....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got sooo excited after seeing these posts, checked my status page..I am still unreviewed...the waiting continues:oops:

I think LSU's a long shot for me (I think they only take about 18-20 OOS, and no interview), but at least we can hope that an answer's just around the corner....

I almost didn't apply there last year until I heard someone else from my undergrad was accepted the year before... It was the last school I heard from and I was completely expecting it to be my last rejection when I was actually waitlisted (didn't work out in the end)... don't write it off too soon as an OOS!

I'm curious if anyone knows anyone who's gotten a rejection from LSU, or if they'll wait until all ISers are interviewed before rejections are noted on status pages. I noticed that there was an update to my status page, but it still says 'currently under review'.

I'm new to SDN... my page still says "currently under review" but I received email notification of an interview on 1/28. My interview is on 2/22, I think they are only interviewing 2/21 and 2/22.

Thanks NOLAprevet-I'm OOS for LSU, so I was just wondering if they notify via status page as they go through our apps or if they send rejections via status page all at once. Good luck, and welcome!:)

Thanks NOLAprevet-I'm OOS for LSU, so I was just wondering if they notify via status page as they go through our apps or if they send rejections via status page all at once. Good luck, and welcome!:)

I was OOS for LSU last year and they sent me a waitlist letter by snail mail and then an acceptance via e-mail. I don't even remember a status page being there...maybe its new or I am just oblivious!

the status page they are using is new. There is a new guy working for the dean of admissions. OOS will not be notified untill March, along with LA and AR residents. Some applications have already been rejected because the dont meet LSU requirements of GPA or GRE scores, but these people (the way understood it) would not be notified until March. My interview is on the 21st.

I'm new to SDN... my page still says "currently under review" but I received email notification of an interview on 1/28. My interview is on 2/22, I think they are only interviewing 2/21 and 2/22.

LSU is also going to interview on March 1st for AR students - they have 9 spots for state contracts

Some applications have already been rejected because the dont meet LSU requirements of GPA or GRE scores, but these people (the way understood it) would not be notified until March.

If they have already rejected some people they should let them know on the status web page. It seems stupid to wait until March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe rejected is the wrong term. But there are many that apply to LSU that do not meet the requirments of getting in. There is a GPA and GRE score requirement; however, unqualified applicants still submit. LSU should not have to send out early rejection letters to people that sould not have applied at all.

I understand that 'formal' rejections/offers of admission are not sent out until March/April; I was just curious if the status page is changed one way or another for us OOSers before that letter is mailed:)

Maybe rejected is the wrong term. But there are many that apply to LSU that do not meet the requirments of getting in. There is a GPA and GRE score requirement; however, unqualified applicants still submit. LSU should not have to send out early rejection letters to people that sould not have applied at all.

What is the GPA and GRE score requirement? All I see on their website is something about having at least a 3.0 in the required prereq classes.

Here's the link to last year's accepted students' stats, if you haven't found them:

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/class_statistics.htm

-Since it shows a gpa/gre range for all students, I'd be curious to find out what their cutoff numbers are for this cycle...

It is in the LSU SVM handbook.

Anybody else getting frustrated to find that your status page has been "updated" at such-and-such a time... except that nothing has changed?? GRRR... what a tease.:smuggrin:

Anybody else getting frustrated to find that your status page has been "updated" at such-and-such a time... except that nothing has changed?? GRRR... what a tease.:smuggrin:

It is very frustrating, but I went to vet school before secondary apps where due. A person on the faculty told me that it take them a while to go through the apps because the faculty are busy during the day and are not allowed to look at them out of school (security). But, I thought by now my status should have changed from "currently under review". At least we know the process is almost over. Mid-March will be here shortly!

Are you guys receiving updates to your status page every other day? I am not sure what they keep udpating. Nothing seems to change...

Same here...no change:confused:

Are you guys receiving updates to your status page every other day? I am not sure what they keep udpating. Nothing seems to change...

its driving me nuts. I'm wondering if the updates just mean that they entered a mass amount of data into the system, for example if they just spent the morning logging receipt of transcripts.

Maybe it's just me, but did the status code definitions change? I thought that when I looked at them a few weeks ago they had a 'denial' and 'ineligible' status...and those seem to have gone away. Am I nuts?

Maybe it's just me, but did the status code definitions change? I thought that when I looked at them a few weeks ago they had a 'denial' and 'ineligible' status...and those seem to have gone away. Am I nuts?

Its not just you, I just logged on and saw the same thing. Kinda wierd.

I got a rejection email from LSU yesterday, so if you haven't heard anything yet don't loose hope! In this case I think no news may be good news. Good luck to everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?? I am nervous now! Looks like it is back to mailman stalking for me!

Hey did your status page happen to change at all?

I talked to the Associate Dean of Admissions, yeasterday at a meeting. He said that they are still reviewing applications. The faculty and private practs should have them all reviewed before the IS interviews on the 21st and 22nd. He still thinks that acceptance letters will go out mid-March.

I got my letter mid-March last year. They called me first actually (I'm an Arkansas resident), so it won't be long now. Good luck guys!

kekemapa04- I live in mass, but I was notified by email- so stalk your inbox, not the mail man ;) (inbox can't laugh at you either). My mailman has come to think I am insane! Their letter was one of the nicer rejection letters I have received, which always softens the blow a little bit.

I no longer have access to the status page, so I can't tell you if they changed my status. I am assuming if you can still access the page that is good news for the time being.

Good luck to everyone and if you have more questions feel free to ask.

I got my letter mid-March last year. They called me first actually (I'm an Arkansas resident), so it won't be long now. Good luck guys!

Capella, where did you do your undergrad?

Thanks for the info lcbaker and sorry about the rejection! I actually applied there without knowing they require 6 years of college before applying, luckily I did Running Start in high school! Good luck to everyone!

What do you mean about 6 years of college?

I think that the website was just a little mis-interpreted:

"Candidates for the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree must complete a minimum of six years of college education. This includes two or more years of pre-veterinary training and four years of professional training."

Basically, it's saying to earn your DVM you need a minimum of two year of undergrad-type schooling in order to get all your pre-reqs in, and then 4 years in a professional DVM program itself.

I was a bit confused at first too, because some of my classmates were also accepted at LSU, and I know for a fact they all completed normal 3-4 year undergrad degrees! :)

Oh, I am glad you said that!! That makes sense actually, I don't know why I didn't think of that! I don't have to worry about that now! Thanks!!!!

My status page updated again, with no changes...the wait is killing me!!!:scared:

Mine too! But I think it is good that nothing changed cause if you get rejected I think you won't be able to log in anymore...since they removed the rejected status and I think lcbaker said they couldn't sign in anymore!

Good Luck!!!

I interviewed, yeasterday! Jared in Admissions thinks that we will not have to wait for snail-mail this year. When acceptences are determined, we should be able to see the results on web page. They were hoping to be through with reviewing applications last week but they were only able to cover 2/3 of them. IS residents continue to interview, today. Arkansas is next week. In three weeks (or so), we should know the results from LSU!