LUCOM inaugural class stats...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't bad but hopefully it goes up soon

I'm still skeptical. It's not like everyone has already started class. There's enough time for people to bail, and 3.5/25 sound too round of numbers. I'm surprised so many people are willing to go to a clown college.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm still skeptical. It's not like everyone has already started class. There's enough time for people to bail, and 3.5/25 sound too round of numbers. I'm surprised so many people are willing to go to a clown college.

Explain further?

Plenty of undergrad students who are happy at Liberty University and have decent stats are happy to apply to their medical program.

It's June, that number will go down as people get any other chances to go somewhere.

I imagine 3.3/23 by august.

Reactions: 1 users
Go LUCOM!! that's a solid first class. Those Christian "clowns" are doing a great job with this school so far. Can't wait to see step one scores.

Reactions: 2 users
Go LUCOM!! that's a solid first class. Those Christian "clowns" are doing a great job with this school so far. Can't wait to see step one scores.

I'll be more curious of their first match list. Because if we thought RVU's was bad...

Plenty of undergrad students who are happy at Liberty University and have decent stats are happy to apply to their medical program.

You mean the 8 out of 9 undergrads that are online students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just make sure your significant other is not of another race.
Wow do they really think that way?? I've read some things on here about them, but damn, I'm definitely not applying to this school then lol

It's June, that number will go down as people get any other chances to go somewhere.

Lol, people were saying the same thing about Marian and ACOM last year, look what happened.

Reactions: 1 user
I've done a google search to see if LU (the UG school) has reversed that policy, but haven't found anything. It was still in force as of 2009. Other bon mots: They don't consider Democrats to be Christian, and if you're not married, no living with your sweetie. Supposedly, these rules are not supposed to apply to the medical students, but I've heard otherwise.

Wow do they really think that way?? I've read some things on here about them, but damn, I'm definitely not applying to this school then lol

Reactions: 3 users
The problem is LUCOM is Creationist. That's a far cry from Catholic (Marian U). A lot of Americans can identify with Catholicism in some way (Irish-Americans/Hispanics/Some African-Americans and Asians). The same can't be said for Creationism. Their population is low.

EDIT: Just fact-checked myself. There is a lot of variance in the numbers of Creationists (including progressive Old-Earth creationists). My bad.

Dont Catholics believe in Creation?

I've done a google search to see if LU (the UG school) has reversed that policy, but haven't found anything. It was still in force as of 2009. Other bon mots: They don't consider Democrats to be Christian, and if you're not married, no living with your sweetie. Supposedly, these rules are not supposed to apply to the medical students, but I've heard otherwise.

So do you think this school will be hit with any sort of lawsuit due to this if the med school is adhering to this policy.

No, not really. The Catholic Church apparently believes more or less the current scientific community stance: that the earth is billions of years old and all life on earth has descended from a common ancestor.

It depends. It's not emphasized in the church the way evangelicals do. I went to catholic school for 6 years and they taught evolution in science class.

Wow that's crazy! Regardless of whether it applies to the medical students or not, I just wouldn't want to be in that atmosphere considering I'm breaking pretty much are their rules lol I wouldn't be able to talk about anything except school

The pope believes in the big bang and evolution. He is, according to the religion, god's representative on earth. "Creation" is not literal.

Again, there is a difference between MUCOM which is brick and mortar school that has drawn resources and built up an enormous base for its students and drawn in the best educators from all other DO schools and LUCOM. LUCOM has less for its students than the professional school of psychology chicago.

And yes, one day they too will probably want a DO school.

Again, there is a difference between MUCOM which is brick and mortar school that has drawn resources and built up an enormous base for its students and drawn in the best educators from all other DO schools and LUCOM. LUCOM has less for its students than the professional school of psychology chicago.

And yes, one day they too will probably want a DO school.

How does anyone take you seriously :laugh:

Internet is an easy place to feel important.

The pope believes in the big bang and evolution. He is, according to the religion, god's representative on earth. "Creation" is not literal.
Just want to clarify, the pope is only God's representative to Catholics. Protestants don't have a hierarchy of righteousness (just people suited for different roles.)

many protestants do not consider Roman Catholicism (or the Orthodox church) true Christianity. they are supposedly unsaved and going to hell.

many protestants do not consider Roman Catholicism (or the Orthodox church) true Christianity. they are supposedly unsaved and going to hell.

I think most Protestants have moved from that view. It's more like, they're part of the wrong group and not getting into the country club.

Just want to clarify, the pope is only God's representative to Catholics. Protestants don't have a hierarchy of righteousness (just people suited for different roles.)

Well duh. No one was making the argument that the Pope speaks for Christianity in general

Are they against interracial marriage?
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/11/1090946/-Liberty-University-s-The-Liberty-Way-exposed
No dancing, no kissing, no R rated movies, no evolution, no opposite sex cohabitation, no democrats, no gay purple teletubbies, no gay anyone, and the list goes on. What a wonderful place of open mindedness.
The " no interracial marriage" thing is another evangelical Christian university, Bob Jones university. I think Oral Roberts university too.

The funny thing is that these kinds of places that dont allow premarital sex tend to have higher rates of STDs, and more anal and oral sex than the outside population. To paraphrase Bill Maher: people always find loopholes to rules. In this case, two to be exact

Reactions: 8 users
The funny thing is that these kinds of places that dont allow premarital sex tend to have higher rates of STDs, and more anal and oral sex than the outside population. To paraphrase Bill Maher: people always find loopholes to rules. In this case, two to be exact
:rofl:

“Filling the inaugural class is an amazing accomplishment by the grace of God,” said Jacqueline Mendez, associate director of admissions for the medical school.

--- Tell me about it.

“We are honored that they have placed their faith and futures with us here at Liberty.

--- So I'm guessing if they don't match, Liberty will return their student loan money right?

God's loophole. .. gotta love it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbaqlcmDCA

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/11/1090946/-Liberty-University-s-The-Liberty-Way-exposed
No dancing, no kissing, no R rated movies, no evolution, no opposite sex cohabitation, no democrats, no gay purple teletubbies, no gay anyone, and the list goes on. What a wonderful place of open mindedness.
The " no interracial marriage" thing is another evangelical Christian university, Bob Jones university. I think Oral Roberts university too.

Lol, this is funny.

Hypothetical Question though:

If Liberty was the only school that admitted you (which could very well be the case for some people on the lower end of the spectrum) is it still worth it to go to that school?

As a Virginia resident living less than 45 minutes away I will not even consider applying to this school. I'm a very open minded individual and fairly liberal. If another DO school had to open up in Virginia I wish it would have been at a less ridiculous school. Plus, Lynchburg is... Meh.

As a Virginia resident living less than 45 minutes away I will not even consider applying to this school. I'm a very open minded individual and fairly liberal. If another DO school had to open up in Virginia I wish it would have been at a less ridiculous school. Plus, Lynchburg is... Meh.

Agreed, I wish it had opened up at George Mason even. More schools to serve the DMV is majorly important and totally cool.

Is this a statistically relevant difference number-wise? It seems to me that the average and the median would be closer together in this case.

No, in a system with a skew the statistics are always off.

I imagine it's a negative skew with the mode and mean being lower than the median.

Largely the median is an appropriate measure because really +/- 2 points probably statistically is no variance. But yah in this case the mean is a better measure because there are no candidates with 140k mcats and others with 18s. They're all within a smallish range. In that system a median is best.

Do people get this upset about Loma Linda?

Honestly, If you don't like the school, don't apply. This sounds like living in a parents house, which I am sure some people in undergrad have done with no problem.

Do people get this upset about Loma Linda?

Honestly, If you don't like the school, don't apply. This sounds like living in a parents house, which I am sure some people in undergrad have done with no problem.

Linda Loma has one of the most respected hospitals in all of California attached to it and does more research than all the DO schools combined. You cannot compare two schools like this.

Linda Loma also doesn't have a directly attached agenda of political supremacy and is not a quazi for profit online school created by a man who likely is burning in the hell he wished to condemn so many others to.

Reactions: 5 users

God's loophole. .. gotta love it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbaqlcmDCA

Christian hating bigots will hate. Ignore these unpleasant human beings who troll on any thread regarding LUCOM, spewing their hate and venom