Luggage to Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4thMolar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll probably be going straight to the airport after my interview, so I was wondering if a lot of you were leaving your luggage at a room set aside by the admissions office or if you ran across any problems of this type. Is it best to contact the school directly and see if they are willing to accommodate luggage?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you can get the school to hold luggage, or have the hotel hold it. See which would work best for you and then call and double check that they will let you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was thinkging of doing this too for one of my interviews...........i dont know if I have time to run back to the hotel and get my luggage after my interview (plus the taxi cost to travel back n forth) so I might just bring my luggage along............plus my luggage prob wont be too big cos Im there only for 2 days............although I am a girl soooooooooooooo :S

I'm sure there's a place somewhere in the school like the Admissions Office you can put it. I would call/email the school to make sure. But at all the interview places I've been to, there's a waiting room area where people can leave their umbrellas or whatever.

Nearly every interview I went on allowed you to bring your luggage and they will lock it up for you. Specifically, I remember Pitt and USC I had to do this. Also in Boston and Cleveland I left my luggage at the front desk of the hotel and they'll hold it for you.

Just call the admissions office and ask if you can take your luggage with you. Most will have a place for you to lock it up during the interview.

And then you get home, open your luggage and there is a note that says "your luggage was inspected by the admissions office" :laugh:

I called Midwestern and they said that they would have a place I could keep my luggage at the school