Lurie (Northwestern) vs U Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snow88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any thoughts on differences between Lurie Children's and U Chicago! Interviewed at both and liked both programs and definitely love the city. My gauge after both interviews is that Lurie is more intense. I was wondering if anyone could comment on intensity of both programs (either compared to each other, or just with whatever you may know about either program) as well as the "type" of resident that goes to each program/the vibe of each program with respect to dynamic between residents , as well as the culture of attendings and program leadership. I feel I didn't get a good grasp of these things during my interview day at both places to the extent that I was hoping to. Thanks, hope interview season is going well in these final few weeks of the season!

Members don't see this ad.

I would also love to hear people's thoughts on this. I also liked both places and am curious as to what the culture is like in each program--both seemed to be fairly supportive environments but still pretty academic in terms of the focus on education and research. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Me too! Even from other interviewees - thoughts on resident culture, overall vibe, and workloads?