Lurkers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NinerNiner999

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It appears to me, by comparing the number of posts to the number fo times viewed that are a TON of people lurking on this site and not contributing. Please - if you have something you think might be useful to this forum, post it so all of us can read (especially if you have heard from programs that are not posted elsewhere on this forum - it would be nice to know if there are more programs out there who have sent out interview invites). It would really help everyone out... ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i'll admit, i'm a EM forum lurker. but that's because i'm a first year med student and am interested in EM so i just come here to view posts to get an idea of what's going on in the world of EM. others may do this, so this might be one explanation of the low post/view ratio. but if i have anything to contribute i'll be sure to let you know. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
All ye lurkers, stand and be counted! :)

Could be that they are viewing the posts btw. neurotic ERAS/ADTS checks-

Not that I do this-

What a thread from someone with 6 posts-

OK OK I made my contribution! I posted my 1st thread!:clap:

This is busiest time of year for this forum. All MS4s are excited/anxious over the residency application process. I am a lurker by nature, but will share the following:

I am stoked with my 13 interviews so far. I would go to any of the three programs where I have already interviewed. I was extremely impressed with two of the programs, which were programs that I was not considering too seriously before I interviewed. I think this portends well for the whole process. For a while I was west coast bound (I have 4 interview offers out west) and I'll still be happy to go out west but I've seen some mighty fine programs in the east too. I was a little weary after getting my Step 1 score back because it was a few points below average, but it doesn?t appear to have limited me the way the rumors had predicted. I take Step II in three weeks.

I have received 5 rejections, all of which disappointed me for about 20 seconds max. I still have to hear from 25 programs. Any extra interviews would be a bonus, but further rejections wouldn't really concern me. I currently planning to interview at all thirteen programs that have offered.

I can't wait for match day 'cause I'll be excited wherever I end up! Are you too not stoked? We are all gonna be frickin? Emergency Medicine doctors in a few years! F?n?A dudes!

Purulent DC,

i like your enthusiam! best of luck. :clap: