Step I Lymphoreticular cells

Started by studylol
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

studylol

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello friends,

For context, a function of the spleen is production of these cells. Brief googling gives me this: "pertaining to the cells or tissues of both the lymphoid and reticuloendothelial systems". I understand the lymphocyte involvement in the spleen.

Is my understanding correct: This means that the spleen produces monocytes which become macrophages during chronic inflammation?

thanks a bunch.
 
I think "lymphoreticular" means lymphoid cells (T cells, B cells, follicular dendritic cells, etc) and reticuloendothelial cells (monocytes and macrophages). That said, I don't think it's a big deal to know exactly what cells are "lymphoreticular". Why do you ask?
 
I asked because I was trying to review my spleen histology and wanted to make sure that I accurately understood what cells are involved since this unfamiliar term was used.

thank you!