M.S. Biotechnology, JHU

Started by sunnyjohn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone with info on Hopkins MS in Biotechnology?

Can it be done in a year?
 
I've taken a couple classes in 2010 with JHU AAP's Biotechnology program. My experience with AAP was very poor. Knowing full well that this is a continuing education program, I did not expect much; however, the level at which the classes were taught was shockingly low. I would not recommend it at all. JHU does not separate night time/part time classes into a school of continuing education like most schools do - so technically, the biotech program is under the school of arts and sciences - however, the faculty is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT - I've had lecturer who did not prepare for classes and just wanted to come in and chat for the whole semester! Do not waste your money! The program might be suitable for international students who could not get into a regular program, have money to burn, and just want experiences studying abroad (huge proportion of current student body is international students from India/other Asian countries who are taking classes Full time with this part time program&#8230😉 If you are working adults hoping to improve your resume, or someone thinking about med school, or PhD amdissions etc, the program is not helpful at all.

I'm really sympathetic for you - my experience with the JHU AAP MS (Biotechnology) programme wasn't as bad as you've described. I had proper lecturers who taught relevant material and administered course readings, etc. Was this just for a single course, or for all modules throughout the programme?