M4 rotations to supplement rad onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keforce

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aside from rad onc electives, which electives would best prepare you for rad onc residency? I guess obvious ones would be medicine, oncology, surgery (general, ENT, or Neuro). What about review of anatomy or histology electives? What other courses out there are helpful? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from rad onc electives, which electives would best prepare you for rad onc residency? I guess obvious ones would be medicine, oncology, surgery (general, ENT, or Neuro). What about review of anatomy or histology electives? What other courses out there are helpful? Thanks.

I did a GYN oncology month and a multidisciplinary breast cancer month (heaviest on the gen surg aspect but also including mammography, path, reconstructive surgery, rad onc, and med onc). Both rotations were really good to see what else you can expect your patients to go through.

I did a GYN oncology month and a multidisciplinary breast cancer month (heaviest on the gen surg aspect but also including mammography, path, reconstructive surgery, rad onc, and med onc). Both rotations were really good to see what else you can expect your patients to go through.

I've heard of ppl taking urology to supplement as the surgery elective...goes well with brachy therapy. Any peds core clerkship out there that might be useful? Ped Onc?

I did a peds heme/onc rotation and enjoyed it. It may not be as helpful as other rotations, but I am interested in peds. It is still good for learning chemo drugs and learning some of the pediatric malignancies. I did a hospice/palliative care rotation that was very helpful - end of life issues, pain control, etc... Radiology rotations are good as well - I did neuroradiology which was helpful for ENT and CNS cancers/anatomy.