Ma and Pa Pharmacy

Started by sinoirilax
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sinoirilax

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall. I have a quick question. I've been helping out a pharmacy near my home for well over a year now. I work there three times a week with no pay since the owners are like family to me (the work experience that I receive there is already appreciable). So heres the thing.. if I were to apply for a pharmacy school, what category would this experience go under? Would it go under work experience or volunteering/community service? They do not keep a record of me working there (because I don't get paid) so I don't know if I'm suppose to label it as work experience. And labeling it as community service would be sketchy too because I have no written evidence of me volunteering there for an year.
 
Work experience requires pay. Most schools probably aren't going to check up to see if you actually volunteered somewhere, but as long as you have someone at the pharmacy who can verify you volunteered there you are fine.